Glossary of Ch. 4 English Clause test
Other Decks By This User
- adjective clause
- that, which, who, whom, whose
- noun clause
- how, that, what, whatever, when
- adverb clause
- after, although, as, as if, as long as
- 1 independent
- 2 or more independent
- 1 independent and at least 1 subordinate
- at least 2 independent and at least 1 independent
- is a word group that contains a verb and its subject.
- independent clause
- expresses a complete thought and can stand by itself as a sentence.
- subordinate clause
- does not express a complete thought and cannot stand by itself as a sentence.
You must Login or Register to add cards