Glossary of Certamen (SMES)
Other Decks By This User
- What were the food and drink of the Gods?
- Ambrosia and nectar
- Whose face is said to have launched a thousand ships?
- Who stole fire from heaven to give to mankind?
- What is the Roman name for Athena?
- What goddess is symbolized by the cornucopia?
- What king turned everything he touched to gold?
- King Midas
- Who slew the Minotaur?
- What hero went in quest of the golden fleece?
- What Greek minstrel went to the Underworld to win back his wife Eurydice?
- What Titan holds the world on his shoulders?
- Who was the Roman god of wine?
NB- Greek name is Dionysis
- Who was the commander-in-chief of Greek forces at Troy?
- What Trojan prince abducted Helen?
- Who slew Medusa?
- Name the three fates.
- Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos
- Allecto, Megaera and Tisiphone make up what group?
- The Fates
- What Greek hero killed Hector?
- Who was the muse of epic poetry?
- What hero rode Pegasus to kill the Chimera?
- Who was the Roman goddess of the hearth?
- What daughter of ceres did Pluto abduct for his wife?
- What were the shades in the underground called?
- By what river did the gods swear?
- Who were the Atridae?
- Agamemnon and Menelaus
- What great hero was the son of laertes and Anitclea?
- What mythological figure solved the riddle of the sphinx?
- Whose propehecies were never believed?
- Who were king and queen of Troy?
- Priam and Hecuba
- What daughter of Minos helped Theseus kill the Minotaur?
- What daughter of Cassiopeia did Perseus marry?
- Who became a laurel tree to escape the embraces of Apollo?
- Who were the original six Olypians?
- Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Hestia, Demeter, Hera
Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Vesta, Ceres, Juno
- What deity was born from Zeus's head?
- To what deity was the Parthenon dedicated?
- Who was Odysseus' loyal wife?
- Who was the goddess of the rainbow?
- Who was the goddess of victory?
- What flowed through the gods' veins?
You must Login or Register to add cards