Glossary of Cells Chapter 2
Other Decks By This User
- any substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances
- the smallest unit of an element
- when to or more elements combine to form a ______.
- the smallest unit of most compounds
- a type of protien that speeds up chemical reactions in a living thing
- without _____, most chemical reactions within _______ could not take place.
- water; cells
- name 3 meathods that substances that can move into and out of a cell
- the process by which molecules tend to move from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration
- the diffusion of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrame
- passive transport
- the movement of materials throurgha cell membrane without using energy
- active transport
- is the movement of materials througha cell membrane using energy
- name the main difference between passive transport and active transport
- is that active transport requires the cell to use enery while passiv etransport does not
- the main pigment found in cloroplasts
what happens during it?
- the process in which a cell captures the energyin sunlight and uses it to make food
------------------------------ converts carbon dioxide and water into sugers and oxygen
- colored chemical compounds that absorb light
You must Login or Register to add cards