Glossary of Cell structure 2
Other Decks By This User
- What are the building blocks from which all living things are made?
- What is the largest none living cell know to men?
- a birds egg (ostrich)
- Name a small cell that that can hardly be seen on a ordinary light microscope
- bacteria in humans
- The term organell is used to describe what?
- structures inside a cell
- What is the fuction of a cell membrane?
- it controls substances that enter and leaves the cell
- what is the function of a cytoplasm?
- it serves as a fluid container for cell organell and other cell substances.It also assists with the transportation of substances within the cell.
- What is the function of the nucleus?
- controls all cell activities,it also contains heriditary information
- What is the function of the nucleolus?
- it provides cell nucleic acid
- What is the function of the encloplasmic recticulum?
- this serves as a transport network and a storage area for substances.
- What is the function of the lysosome?
- digest or breakdown food materials.It also removes waste from the cell.
- What is the function of the mitochondria?
- this serves as the power house as the cell produces energy for all cell activities.
- What is the function of the vacuole?
- this surports the cell walls of the plant cell,digest food materials and remove waste.
- What is the function of the micro filament?
- this assist in cell movement (eg. the tail of the sperm cell.)
- What is the function of the chloroplast?
- this is were photosynthesis takes place.
You must Login or Register to add cards