Glossary of Cell processes quiz
Created by giglet
Other Decks By This User
- List the following terms in order of complexity, starting with the least complex. Then give an example for each term
(organ system cell organ tissue)
Tissue-Cardiac mustle system
- Define diffusion. Give two examples of diffusion.
- The movement of particals from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration. Two examples of Diffusion is on your Lungs and any smell.
- Define Osmosis. Give one example of Osmosis.
- The diffusion of water through the cells semi-permeable membrane. Onr example of Osmosis is fish going through the water to get air
- State two ways that small particals are able to pass through a cell membrane. Give a definition for each term.
- Passive transport: The movement of substances acroos the cell membrane with out using energy
Active transport: Themovement of substances acroos the cell membrane that requires the cell to use energy
- By what process do cells move large particals in to the cell? Tell what the cell dose during this process,inclding the type of transport involved.
- The process that has the cell move large particals into the cell is Endocytosis. What the cell dose during this process is it encloses the aprtical in a vesile to bring the partical into the cell
- In which organelle dose photsynthesis happen?
- What cells preform photosynthesis
- Plant cells
- Define Photosynthesis.
- where plants use the sun to make sugar and energy
- State the conection between respiration and Photosynthesis.
- They are both ways to make food for the cells
You must Login or Register to add cards