Glossary of Cell Terms
Other Decks By This User
- Found in the cytoplasm and packages secretions, modifies protiens and transports them to the exterior of the cell
- Golgi Bodies
- Surrond cell, outside in animal cell and inside in wall of plants. Controls entry and exit of substances, dtects hormomones, chemicals etc.
- Plasma Membrane
- Found in the cytoplasm. controls the cell and carries the gentic code.
- Found in the nucleus, carries the genetic code as genes - sections of DNA
- Found in the nucleus, assembles ribosmoes
- Runs through cytoplasm from nucleus to plasma membrane. Transport system, anchor for enzyme reactions and site of synthesis of some substances.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER)
- Bound on the rough ER and free in the cytoplasm. Site of protien synthesis
- Found in the cytoplasm contains digestive enzymes that recylce chemicals and worn out plant cell parts.
- Centre of plant cells in cytoplasm. Plants - storage, act as fluid skeleton, hold colour and poison. Animals - food vacuoles are formedby phagocytosis prtotozoa: contractile vacuoles pump ot excess water for osmoregulation
- Found in the cytoplasm, site of aerobic respiration kerbs cycle in matrix and electron transprt on cristae.
- Found in the cytoplasm of plants. Site of photosynthesis. Found only in plants
- Found outside the cell. Moves around cilia.
- Outside plant cells, gives shape and strength to a plant cell. Only in plants
- Cell wall
You must Login or Register to add cards