Glossary of Cell Parts Description
Other Decks By This User
- Found in plants and some single-celled organisms- filled with liquid.
- Small particles of RNA and protein found throughout the cytoplasm involved in protein synthesis.
- Filled with enzymes.
- Golgi Apparatus
- Stack of membrane=bound vesicles.
- Smooth Enoplasmic Reticulum
- Cellular internal membrane system- no ribosomes are found on the surface.
- Rod shaped- with folded membrane called cristae.
- Cell Wall
- Rigid barrier outside the cell membrane- made of carbohydrates- found in plants, algae, fungi, and prokaryotes.
- Cell Membrane
- Bi-lipid layer with embedded proteins- surrounds the cell.
- Network of Protein filaments called microtubules and microfilaments.
- Area between the cell membrane and the nucleus- jelly like material 80% water.
- Bound by a double membrane- contains the cell's DNA.
- Found inside the Nucleus.
- Found in all higher plant cells- contain chlorophyll- double outer membrane- have stroma, thylakoids, and grana- where photosynthesis takes place.
- Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Cellular internal membrane system- site of ribosomes and therefore protein synthesis.
- Made from Microtubules- form a pair of structures- located near the nucleus.
You must Login or Register to add cards