Glossary of Cell Part Functions 2
Other Decks By This User
- Store materials such as water, salts, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- Produce Proteins by following coded instructions that come from the nucleus.
- Digest or break down lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- Golgi Apparatus
- Modifies, sorts, and packages proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum for storage or export.
- Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Uses enzymes to synthesize membrane lipids and detoxify drugs.
- Converts chemical energy stored in food into compounds that cells can use.
- Cell Wall
- Provides support and protection for the cell.
- Cell Membrane
- Regulates what enters and leaves the cell and provides protection and support.
- Facilitates cellular movement and provides sipport to maintain the shape of the cell.
- Contains nearly all of the cell's DNA.
- Begins the assembly of ribosomes in the nucleus.
- Captures energy from the sunlight and converts it into chemical energy by photosynthesis.
- Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Site of completion of protein synthesis- ribosomes are found here.
- Helps organize cell division.
- Facilitates the functions of organelles in the cell.
You must Login or Register to add cards