Glossary of Capatalism-Russia
Other Decks By This User
- In 1776 this writer published The Wealth of Nations, the first systematic explantion of capitalism
- Adam Smith
- The writer of The Wealth of Nations argued for a hands-off government policy toward the market, known by the French Term-___
- True of False?
The writer of the Wealth of Nations approved of slavery because it was a form of free market exchange
- these acts in Britain in the 18th century converted large land areas from community to private property increasing agricultural prodctivity and landowner profits
- enclosure acts
- Russia in its modern form began after Ivan III overthrew the domination of the people in 1480
- True or False?
The overwhelming majority of Russians in this time period lived in serfdom
- Peter the Great spent much of his reign fighting Sweden and this empire in order to gain warm-water ports on the Black and Baltic Seas
- Ottoman Turks
- Peter the Great founded this new capital city in 1704 as Russia's "window on the west"
- St. Petersburg
- A ruler who advaned new concepts of intellectual inquiry and legal rights at least for the nobility, but who held on to power for himself was known as a(n)
- Enlightenment Despot
- This female Czar of Russia ruled from 1762-1796
- Catherine the Great
You must Login or Register to add cards