Glossary of California Penal Codes 2
- 11550 (a)
- soliciting prostitution
Other Decks By This User
- 67 PC
- Bribery: give to influence any act, decision, or proceedings by any police or executive officer.
- 69 PC
- Resist or deter police or executive officer from performing duties by threat of violence or actual violence.
- 70 PC
- Gratuity: public official solicit or accept.
- 135 PC
- Destroy or conceal evidence
- 136.1 PC
- Intimidate victim or witness
- 148 PC
- Resist, obstruct, delay: officer or EMT in performance of his/her duties
- 148.3 PC
- False report of an emergency
- 148.9(a) PC
- Falsely ID oneself as another or as a fictitious person to a peace officer.
- 166.4 PC
- Disobey court order
- 182 PC
- Conspiracy: 2 or more persons conspire to commit any crime.
- 186.22 PC
- Street gang membership: participate knowing the members engage or have engaged in criminal activity.
- 187 PC
- Murder: kill a human being with malice aforethought.
- 192 PC
- 203 PC
- Mayhem: maliciously deprive a human being of a body part, or disable, disfigure, or render useless, or cut or disable the tongue, put out an eye, or slit the nose, ear, or lip.
- 206 PC
- Torture: Inflict GBI on another w/ intent to cause extreme pain, suffering, for revenge, persuasion, or sadistic purposes.
- 207(a) PC
- Kidnapping: steal or take any person, by means of force or fear, and carry that person to another location.
- 211 PC
- Robbery: theft of a person by means of force or fear.
- 215 PC
- Carjacking: taking a motor vehicle from another's possession, against their will, with intent to permanently or temporarily deprive, with force or fear.
- 220 PC
- Assault with intent to commit mayhem, sodomy, oral copulation, or violate 264.1, 288, or 289.
- 222 PC
- Stupefying drugs: administer drugs so as to assist self or other to commit a felony (ie: ether, chloroform).
- 236 PC
- False imprisonment: unlawfully violate personal liberty of another. Felony if by violence, fraud, menace, or deceit.
- 240 PC
- Assault: unlawful attempt, coupled with present ability, to inflict a violent injury to another.
- 241(b) PC
- Assault on specified persons: Peace officer, firefighter, EMT, lifeguard, animal control, physician, etc.
- 242 PC
- Battery: Any unlawful and unwanted use of force upon another.
- 243(b) PC
- Battery on specified persons: Peace officer, firefighter, EMT, code enforcement, nurse giving emergency care, etc.
- 243(e) PC
- Battery on spouse or cohabitant: parent of the defendant's child, fiance, person with whom the defendant previously has a dating or engagement relationship.
- 243.4 PC
- Sexual battery: touch the skin of intimate part of another (groin, anus, buttocks, or breast of a female), for sexual gratification, arousal, or abuse.
- 245(a)(1) PC
- Assault with a deadly weapon (other than a firearm): or with such force to cause great bodily injury to another.
- 245(a)(2) PC
- Assault with a firearm.
- 246 PC
- Shoot firearm at inhabited dwelling.
- 247 PC
- Shoot at unoccupied house, building, vehicle, or aircraft.
- 261(a)(2) PC
- Rape: sexual intercourse with a person not the spouse against that person's will.
- 261.5 PC
- Unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor (not the spouse of the perpetrator) who is not over 3 yrs younger.
over 3 yrs younger: FELONY
- 262 PC
- Spousal rape
- 266h PC
- Pimping: derive support from or live from a prostitute's earnings.
- 270 PC
- Child neglect: parent of minor child knowingly omit, without a lawful excuse, to provide food, shelter, clothing, or medical attendance for that child.
- 272(a)(1) PC
- Contribute to delinquency of a minor
- 273a PC
- Child endangerment: willfully permit conditions likely to cause GBI or death, suffering, unjustifiable physical pain, or mental suffering.
- 273.5 PC
- Corporal injury to spouse, cohabitant, or parent of defendant's child.
- 273.6 PC
- Disobey protective or restraining order.
prior conviction in 7 yrs involving violence or credible threat thereof:
- 278 PC
- Child stealing: person without custody to entice child away, take, or conceal from lawful custodian.
- 285 PC
- Incest: sexual relations, intermarriage, or adultery between close blood relatives.
- Sodomy: penis contact with another's anus.
- Sex crimes with child under 14: lewd act with or on a child for sexual gratification.
- Oral copulation on person under 14 and 10 yrs younger than perpetrator or when act is against victim's will by force, violence, or duress.
- Sexual penetration by a foreign object (other than a penis).
- 290 PC
- Violation of sex offender registration
- 308(a) PC
- Sell or furnish tobacco to a minor
- 311.1 PC
- Child pornography
- 314 PC
- Indecent exposure: willfully expose one's person or private parts in a public place where persons are present and annoyed.
if done after entering an inhabited portion of any building or structure
- 320 PC
- Lottery: design, prepare, propose a game of chance where there is a promise to pay something of value.
- 347(a)(1) PC
- Poisoning food, water, drugs, or reservoir knowing or should have known act would injure a person.
- 368(b)(1) PC
- Elder or dependent adult endangerment: create conditions likely to produce GBI or death.
- 415 PC
- Disturbing the peace
- Refuse to disperse: 2 or more persons, when asked by a public officer, after assembling to disturb the peace or to commit any unlawful act.
- 417(a)(2) PC
- Brandish: Firearm in a ruse, angry, or threatening manner, or in any fight or quarrel.
- 422 PC
- Threaten death or GBI with specific intent that the verbal, written, or electronic statement to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent on carrying out the threat.
- 451 PC
- Arson: maliciously set fire to a structure, forest land, or property.
- Burglary: enter structure or locked vehicle with intent to commit theft or any felony.
- 470(a) PC
- Forgery: sign false signature w/out authority, with intent to defraud.
- 475(b) PC
- Forgery: possess blank or unfinished check with intent to complete or help to offer or pass the same, to defraud a person.
- 476a PC
- Insufficient funds in account and knowingly pass check.
If over $200 or prior conviction for 470, 475, 476, or petty theft.
- 484e PC
- Stolen access card
- 484g PC
- Theft by credit card: if all goods obtained over 6 month period total over $400, FELONY.
- 487 PC
- Grand theft (over $400)
- 488 PC
- Petty theft (under $400).
- 496 PC
- Receiving stolen property: knowledge the goods were stolen.
- 502(c)(1) PC
- Computer crime: use any data or computer to defraud or wrongfully control or obtain property, money, or data.
- 503 PC
- Embezzlement: fraudulent appropriation of property by person whom entrusted.
FELONY if public funds of the U.S., state, city or county.
- 518 PC
- Extortion: obtain property of another with consent by means of force or fear (not amounting to robbery, 211 PC), under color of official right.
- 529 PC
- False impersonation
- 530.5 PC
- Identity theft: obtain info for an unlawful purpose, including to obtain credit cards, goods, medical services, in the other person's name.
- 537 PC
- Defraud an innkeeper (over $400) in food, fuel, services, or accommodations.
- 538d PC
- Impersonate a peace officer
- 591 PC
- Telephone, Cable, TV, Satellite: Maliciously remove, take down or injure any electric line.
- 594(a) PC
- Maliciously deface, damage or destroy any real or personal property of another.
FELONY if over $400 in damage.
- 597 PC
- Animal cruelty: maliciously injure, maim, torture or kill any living animal.
- 600(a) PC
- Police horse or canine: Injure or Assault.
FELONY for serious injury.
- 602(k) PC
- 626.9(b) PC
- Firearm: w/in 1000ft of school zone. Certain exceptions apply.
- 640(b)(1) PC
- Fare evasion
- 646.9 PC
- Stalking: follows or harasses repeatedly and makes credible threat with intent to place that person in fear of their own or their family's safety.
- 647(a) PC
- Lewd conduct
- 647(b) PC
- Prostitution: money, goods, services in exchange for sexual favors.
- 647(d) PC
- Loiter about a public toilet.
- 647(f) PC
- Drunk in public: unable to exercise care for one's safety or the safety of others OR due to intoxication, obstructs the use of a sidewalk, roadway, or other such public way.
- 647(h) PC
- Prowling: loiter, wander on the property of a another with no apparent lawful purpose.
- 647(i) PC
- Peeping: loiter, wander, prowl on the private property of another and peek in the door/window of an inhabited building or structure.
- 647.6(a) PC
- Child annoyance or molestation.
- 648 PC
- Counterfeit money, bills, bank notes, etc.
MISDEMEANOR for 1st offense.
- 653f PC
- Solicit to join in a felony crime.
- 653k PC
- Possess switchblade knife (over 2 inch blade).
- 653m PC
- Obscene or annoying phone calls.
- 653x PC
- Repeat calls to 911 Operator, misuse.
- 653.22 PC
- Loiter for prostitution: repeatedly beckon vehicles to stop, circles area, prior conviction for 647(b), entices others to commit act.
- 664 (Reference only)
- If placed prior to any crime code signifies an attempt to commit that crime. If crime attempted was a felony, it's a felony, etc., etc.
- 666 PC
- Petty theft with prior conviction of 488, 487, 10851 CVC, 496, 211 and served a term in jail.
- 1203.2(a) PC
- Violation of probation
MISDEMEANOR/FELONY (depends on prior conviction that caused probation)
- 3056 PC
- Violation of Parole
- 12020(a)(1) PC
- Possess, give, lend prohibited weapon: sap, cane sword, nunchaku, lipstick case knife, etc.
- 12021(a)(1) PC
- Felon in possession of firearm.
- 12025 PC
- Concealable firearm: on person or in vehicle.
FELONY if prior felony conviction, firearm is stolen, active gang member, does not own the firearm.
- 12031 PC
- Carry loaded firearm: in vehicle or on person.
FELONY if person is a felon, knew firearm was stolen, active gang member.
- 12303.2 PC
- Explosive or Destructive device: possess (maliciously or recklessly) in public place or in private home.
- 12370(a) PC
- Body armor: felon buy, own, or possess.
- 12403.7(g) PC
- Tear gas: improper use except in self-defense.
You must Login or Register to add cards