Glossary of CNS Infectious Diseases
Other Decks By This User
- What is the most common mode of entry for a CNS infection?
- What virus uses retrograde axonal transport?
- Which bug commonly infects young people living close proximity?
- Nesseria meningitidis
- Bacterial meningitis usually has purulent exudent where?
- over the convexities and cortices
- What are some common complication seen in bacterial meningitis?
- vasospasm, ICA thrombosis, hydrocephalus, edema, subdural empyema, subdural hygroma
- Hydrocephalus with damage to the ependymal lining and proliferation of subependymal glia associated seen in TB menigitis
- granular ependymitis
- True/False: On imaging, cerebral abscesses appear as ring enhancing lesions, indistinguishable from tumors.
- What is the most common mycosis in AIDS patients?
- Which infection is frequently seen with diabetics with frequent bouts of ketoacidosis?
- Which fungi are angioinvasive, capable of causing a hemorrhagic infarct?
- Mucor and Aspergillus
- Which mycosis is most often seen in chemotherapy patients?
- You see a ring enhancing lesion in an AIDS patient. What should you assume it is until proven otherwise?
- Where is the most common site of a toxoplasmic abscess?
- basal ganglia
- T/F: Toxoplasma grows easily in culture.
- What is a common entry point for amoebas?
- cribiform plate
- Cysticercosis is caused by which organism?
- Taenia solium
- T/F: If you see any cystercosis cysts in the brain, you should treat immediately with albendazole.
- False. This could cause severe edema
- Most common cause of acute encephalitis.
- HSV-1 has a predilection for ?
- limbic system
- Treatment for HSV encephalitis.
- Inclusion often seen in cytoplasm of cells infected w/ Rabies.
- Negri body
- Reactivation of latent measles causes _____.
- Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE)
- PML is caused by ___ virus.
- JC likes to infect which cells?
- Polio is caused by ____ virus.
- Enterovirus that causes polio has a predilection for _____ cells.
- anterior horn
- Fused multinucleated giant cell encephalitis in white matter is pathognomonic for ___ infection.
- Demyelination of posterior columns in tertiary syphillis.
- tabes dorsalis
- Tabes dorsalis can resemble a ____ deficiency.
You must Login or Register to add cards