Glossary of CH 4 The Integumentary system (CN)
Other Decks By This User
- Name the 2 layers of skin
- Epidermis and Dermis
- Name the skin functions
Metabolism of Vit D
Storage of blood
- The Epidermis composed of what classification of epithelium?
- Stratified squamous epithelium
- Name the for cell types present
- 1. Keratinocytes
- Keratinocytes produce _________ which __________ and ___________ the skine
- Melanocytes produce _________ a ________ that protects cells from ___________ radiatiion
- Merkels cells form Merkel _________ associated with ___________endings and serve __________ functions.
- Name the 5 layers of the epidermis (Most superficial to deepest)
- Stratum corneum
- Defin Hypodermis
- SQ layer,superficial fascia,lies between the dermis and underlying tissues and organs.
- Name the Accessory organs of the skin
Sudoriferous (sweat) gland
Sebaceuous (oil) gland
- Name the two layers of the Dermis
- papillary layer
- Nails are made up of
- Keratinized epithelial cells
- Name the types of Sudoriferous glands (seat)
- Eccrine (sweat)
Apocrine (sweat @ Puberty pits,crotch)
- Sebaceuos glands secrete
- Skin is very important in the metabolism of what important nutrient?
- Vitamin D
- The dermis is the storage site of most body fat and plays an important role in thermoregulation. TRUE OR FALSE
- FALSE, hypodermis contains fat
- Which type of epithelium is present in skin?
- Stratified squamous
You must Login or Register to add cards