Glossary of CCNA Pre Study
- In the DoD model, what OSI layers map to the application layer?
- Name the Protocol Data Units and what OSI layer they are associate with.
- DATA: Layer 5,6,7 (App, presentation and session)
Segments: Layer 4 (Transport)
Packets: Layer 3 (Network)
Frames: Layer 2 (Data Link)
Bits: Layer 1 (Physical)
- In the DoD model, what OSI layers map to the Internet layer?
- IN the CLI, what is a.....
- Router configuration mode
- What are the layers of the DoD Model?
Host to Host
- What are the services provided by the physical layer?
- Wire speed, pin layouts, voltage.
- In the DoD model, what OSI layers map to the Host to Host layer?
- What services are performed by the session layer?
- NFS, SQL, RPC, Coordinating commmunication between systems.
- In the DoD model, what OSI layers map to the Network layer?
- Data Link
- In the CLI, what is a.........
- Sub interface Configuration mode
- What services are provided by the data link layer?
- Divided intio two sub payers: Media Access Control (MAC), logical link control (LLC), frmae relay, physical addressing.
- What devices reside at the Access layer in the CISCO 3 layer model?
- End point station entry points to the network. Switches and hobs reside at this layer.
- What devices reside at the Core layer in the CISCO 3 layer model?
- Awitches traffic to the appropriate service. High speed switches reside at this layer.
- What is the mnemonic for the OSI model?
- All People Seem To Need Data Processing
- In the CLI what is a.........
- Privileged exex mode
- What devices reside at the distribution layer in the CISCO 3 layer model?
- Routing, flitering and WAN access. Routers reside at this layer.
- What Services are Performed by the Application Layer?
- Synchronizes applications and makes sure the resources are available. Telnet, FTP, WWW
- Name the 7 OSI Layers and its associate number
- Application 7
Data Link 2
- What layer protocols reside at the network layer?
- IP, IPX, ICMP, ARP, IGMP
- In the CLI,what is a.........
- Line configuration mode
- In CLI, what is:
- Interface configuration mode
- Name the 3 layers of the CISCO Model
- Core, Distribution and Access
- In the CLI what is a....
- User exec mode
- In the CLI, what is:
- Global configuration mode
- What services are performed by the transport layer?
- Flow control, windowing, acknowledgements, virtual circuits, port numbers.
- Wht Services Are Performed By the Presentation Layer?
- PICT, JPEG, GIF, DOC, MIDI, MPEG, ASCII, Syntax, Formatting, Compression, Encryption
- What services are provided by the network layer?
- Logical network addresses, routing.
You must Login or Register to add cards