Glossary of CA Penal Codes 4
Other Decks By This User
- False Documents Citizen or Alien Status: Make or sell, or sell false govt Document to conceal true status of another May file charge for each document
- False Documents: Use to conceal true citizenship or alien status.
- 115 (a)
- False or Forged Instrument: Procure or offer to file, rgstr, or record in a public office in this state.
- 116.5 (a)
- Jury Tampering: Prior to, or w/in 90 days of discharge of the jury in a criminal case, (1) Give, or offer or agree to give, payment or benefit on a juror or 3rd person acting on juror's behalf for into related to an action or proceeding, and/or (2) Act on juror's behalf, accept or agree to accept payment or benefit for him/herself offor the juror for such info., and/or (3) Acting on behalf of him/herself, agree to accept, directly or indirectly, payment or behalf for such info.
- 118 (a)
- Perjury Oral or Written: Willful and knowingly give a false statement, either under oath or under penalty of perjury by law, regarding a material matter in any authorized legal proceedings, whether made w/in or w/out the state.
- Legal process; Interfere: Except for (c), attempt to prevent or dissuade a crime victim or witness from doing any of the following:
- False Report: Filed by Peace Officer with employing agency.
- False Affidavit: Knowingly swear, depose, or certify a false statement under oath regarding a material fact in an affidavit for a present or pending case.
- 132.5 (b)
- Crime Witness; Disclose Information For Profit: Witness or person with personal knowledge of facts that may require testimony in a criminal trial not to accept or receive, directly, money or its equivalent payment for providing such info.
- Special Circumstances: Knowing or maliciously do an act as in (a) or (b) under any of the following:
- Destroy Evidence: Willfully destroy or conceal with intent to prevent it from being introduced for a pending trial, inquiry, or investigation authorized by law.
- Evidence Tampering; Disciplinary Hearing Against Public Safety Officer: Knowingly alter, conceal, destroy, ect. relevant evidence to harm that officer.
- 136.1 (a)(1)
- Intimidate; Witness or Victim: Knowing and maliciously prevent or dissuade from attending or giving testimony at a legal proceeding, except for (c)
- Cause Complaint, Indictment, information, probation or parole violation to be sought and prosecuted, and assisting in prosecution.
- Arrest, Cause, or Seek Arrest of a person in connection with victimization.
- Report Victimization to proper authorities.
- 136.1 (1)
- Force or Threats: Use force or by express or implied threat of force or violence on a victim, witness, or a third person, or their property.
- 136.1 (2)
- Conspiracy: Act to further a conspiracy.
- 136.1 (3)
- Prior Conviction of this section, predecessor law hereto, or federal or equivalent out-of-state law.
- 136.1 (4)
- Monetary Gain, or for any other payment, acting on the request of a person, Incl. all parties to the transaction.
- Deadly Weapon; Carry to Prevent Testimony, Etc. Have on one's person with intent to use to violate 136.1
- 137 (a)
- Bribe Witness; Influence Statements to the police pertaining to material info to a crime
- 137 (b)
- Attempt to induce False Statements to the police , DA Etc. or withold material info of a crime by force, threat of forceto any person or property or fraud
- 137 (c)
- Induce False Statements or to witholdtrue statements (not Privleged) or to give false material info or withold true info of a crime from a law enf official
- 138 (a)
- Bribe witness not to attend trial give offer promise to give bribe or attempt saame for the person not to attend a trial
- 138 (b)
- Witness reciee bribe
Witness or person about to be called as such, receive or offer to receive a bribe with the understandingthat his testemony to be influenced or that the person will absent him self from the proceedings
You must Login or Register to add cards