Glossary of Business Law 1 2
Other Decks By This User
- primary function of us constitution?
- provide a framework for structure for the federal govt.
- us constitution is divided into 3 branches...what are they
- the federal legeslative branch is divided into 2...what are they
- us senate
us house of representitives
- give 2 examples of checks and balances
- power of president to veto the legeslative branch
the legeslative can overide the veto
- The legeslative branch of nys govt is divided into 2 bodies..what are they?
- The period of time which defines how long a person has to sue civily is called?
- statute of limitations
- if the court has the power to hear a case for the first time it is called? If the court has the power to hear the case on appeal it is called?
- how many judges on the US supreme court? who is the newest memeber?
- the intermediate which has appelet jurisdiction is?
- US circuit of court appeals
- highest court in nys
- us court of appeals
- the court in ny which would have jusrisdiction of the decesed would be
- the surgates court
- court in ny which would have jurisdiction of ny
- court of claims
- the purpose of civil summins in a lawsuit is?
- to notify defendent of lawsuit and establishes jurisdiction
- if the defendent in a civil lawsuit does not respond to summins
- plantif wins by default
- purpose of complaint in a civil lawsuit
- tells why the action is brought and request some form of relief.
You must Login or Register to add cards