Glossary of Bone Terminology
Other Decks By This User
- A rounded knob that articulates (To unite by forming a joint or joints)with another bone.
- A smooth, flat, slightly concave or convex articular surface.
- The prominent expanded end of a bone, sometimes rounded.
- A narrow ridge
- A projection superior to a condyle.
- A slightly raised, elongated ridge
- Any bony prominence
- A sharp, slender, or narrow process
- A massive process unique to the femur
- A small, rounded process
- A rough surface
- A pit or socket
- A shallow, broad, or elongated basin
- A groove for a tendon, nerve, or blood vessel.
- A tubular passage or tunnel in a bone
- A slit through a bone
- A hole through a bone, usually round
- An opening into a canal
You must Login or Register to add cards