Glossary of Body Systems Final
Other Decks By This User
- What does the immune sysytem do?
- It protects the body from germs and destroys germs if they enter.
- What are they componoents of the Immune Sysytem?
- The components of the immune sysytem are phagocytes, B&T lymphocytes, anitbodies, and antigens
- What is phagocytes role in the immmune system?
- Phagocytes destroy anitgens by eating them.
- What is the lymphocytes role in the immune system?
- The B cells destroy the antigens with antibodies and remeber the anitgens so immunity can be produced faster the second time around. T celss destroy the anitgens and tel other cels what to do.
- What is the role of the antibodies in the immune sysytem?
- Anitbodies attach to antigens so the T cells know to destroy those celss. There is only one kind of antibody for each anitgen there by indentifying it.
- Whta is the purpose of an antigen in the imunne system?
- Antigens are germs.
- What are the two kinds of immunity?
- The The two kinds of immunity are innate, immunity people are born with, and adaptive immunity that ocuurs when we are exposed to antigens.
- What sysytems are related to the immune sysytem?
- Related systems are the "circulatory, respiratory, nervous and integumentary systems."
- What is the role of the endocrine sysytem?
- The endocrine sysytem regulates horomones.
- What horomones are in the pituitary gland?
- The pituitary gland is the heqad gland and the hormones in it are "growth hormone, prolactin, thyrotrpin,corticotropin, FSH, [and], LH[.]"
- What hormones are in the hypothalamus gland?
- The hormones in the hypothalamus gland are "oxytocin, [and] vasopressin[.]"
- What horomones are in the thyroid gland?
- The hormones in the the thyroid gland are "thyroxine [and] calcitonin[.]"
- Whta hormones are in the adrenal gland?
- The hormonnes in the adrenal gland are "adrenaline, [and] epinephrine[.]"
- What is the hormone in the pineal gland?
- The hormone is the pineal gland melatonin.
- What are the hormones in the ovaries?
- The hormones in the ovaries are estorgen and progesterone.
- What are the hormones in the testicals?
- The hormones in the testicals are "testosterone" and "androgens".
- What are the hormones in the pancreas?
- The hormones in the pancreas are "insulin [and} glucagon[.]"
- What systems are related to endocrine sysytem?
- The systems that are related to the endocrine system are the nervous system, muscular system, and the circulatory sysytem.
- What is the role of the respiratory sysytem?
- The respiratory regulates a human gas changing.
- What are the components of the respiratory system?
- The components of the respiratory systema are the "diaphargm, mouth, nasal passgesx, larynx, trachea, bronchiole, tubes' bronchioles, alveoli, [and] capillaries[.]"
- What is the role of the alveoli?
- The alveoli are located in the lungs and change the gases. Humans have around 600.
- What are the related systems?
- The related sysytems are the circulatory system, nervous system, endocrine, and immune systems.
- What is the role of the circulatory system?
- The circulatory system sends things throught the body.
- What are the components of the circulatory system?
- The components of the circulatory system and blod heart, and blodd vessels.
- What do arteries do?
- Arteries take blodd away from the heart.
- What do veins do?
- veins carry blood to the heart.
- What are capillaries?
- Capillaries are whwere veins change into arteries.
- What does the heart look like?
- The heart is a muscle the moves your 5 liters of blodd around your body. It has 4 chamber the left and right atrium, top chambers and the left and right ventricle, lower chambers.
- What do white and red blood cells and platets do?
- Red blodd cells move O, and whited blodd cels defend the body. Platlets cot wounds.
- Whta are the related sysytems?
- The related systems are the "respiratory, nervous, endocrine," and "execretory".
- What are problems of the circulatory system?
- Problems are clotting issues.
- What is the role of thr nervous system?
- The nervous system is the body's messegner?
- What are the components of the neervous system?
- The components are the "brain, spinal cord" and "neruons".
- Sections of the brain
- forebrain= unique info
hinbrain+how people move
- There are 100 billion neurons all made od dendrites, bodies of celss, axon.
- systems related to the nervous system
- "integumentary, circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, muscular, skeltal"
You must Login or Register to add cards