Glossary of Biology 7-2 Cell Structures Vocabulary
Other Decks By This User
- The granular material visible within the nucleus.
- Threadlike structures with genetic info that is passed from one generation of cells to the next.
- A small, dense region of the nuclei.
- Nuclear envelope
- A double-membrane layer that surrounds the nucleus. It contains thousands of nuclear pores.
- The STRUCTURE of some cells. It helps to maintain & support the cell. It is made of protein filaments that helps the cell to maintain its shape.
- Long, hollow, tubes made of protein that help movement of the cell
- Long, thin fibers that function in the movement and support of the cell.
- Small particles made of RNA and protein. Makes (synthesis)
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- 1. "Internal Membrane System". Organelle that assembles parts of the cell membrane.
2. Chemically modifies proteins (Rough ER)
- Golgi Apparatus
- A stack of membranes that use enzymes to attach carbohydrates and lipids to proteins.
- Small organelles filled with enzymes.
- Saclike structures that store water, salts, proteins and carbohydrates in cells.
- Found in plants and other organisms. They make energy-rich food molecules by the sunlight's energy.
- Uses energy from food to make high-energy compounds that the cell uses to power growth, development, and movement.
You must Login or Register to add cards