Glossary of Biology 106 Test 2 2
Other Decks By This User
- __ percent of plants supply 95% of the world's food supply.
- What are the 11 plants that produce 95% of the world's food supply?
- wheat, rice, corn, Irish potatoes, sweet potatoes, sugar cane, cassava, beans, coconuts, bananas, sorghum
- How many of the 11 plants are grasses? Name them.
- Five: wheat, rice, sugar cane, sorghum, corn
- Five grasses produce __% of the world's food supply.
- Caused a fungus that destroyed Ireland's potato crops
- Irish Potato Famine: How many died? How many died of disease/starvation? How many emigrated?
- 250,000; 2 million; 4 million
- All of the stamens of a plant
- the male reproductive structure of a plant
- Circular arrangement of parts: There are four whorls: calyx, corolla, stamen, gymnoecium
- Outer whorl; made of sepals
- Made of petals; one of the whorls
- Stamens make up the ___.
- enlarged part of petal
- Pistil: (three things)
- style, (supports stigma), ovary, stigma
- Imperfect flower
- A flower that lacks either male or female parts; it has a whorl missing. It can have either stamens or pistils.
You must Login or Register to add cards