Glossary of Biochemical differentiation of pathogenic bugs
Other Decks By This User
- Phe for all
- VP for all
- TSI of yersinia enterocolitica
Alternate of E. coli
- E. coli TSI common and alternates
Alternate: A/A or K/A
- TSI of Shigella
mimics E.coli's alternate K/A
- TSI of Edwardsiella
- K/AH2S (no gas)
mimics Salmonella and C. freundii's alternate
- TSI of salmonella
- TSI of C. freundii
- A/AH2S (nogas)
alt: K/AH2S(nogas) mimics Salmonella and Edwardsiella
- Urea results of Yersinia enterocolitica and C. freundii:
- Urea is 0 for what organisms
- E. coli, Shigella, Edwardsiella, and Salmonella
- Y. enterocolitica motility:
- neg at 37
pos at 22
- E. coli motility
- Motility for Shigella
- Which organisms are motility +?
- E. coli, Edwardsiella, Salmonella, C. freundii
- Which organisms are indole variable?
- Y. enterocolitica, Shigella
- which organisms are indole +?
- E. coli, edwardsiella
- which organisms are indole neg?
- salmonella, c. freundii
- Which organisms are Ornithine pos?
- Y. enterocolitica, E. coli, Edwardsiella, Salmonella
- Which organisms are Ornithine Variable?
- Shigella, C. freundii
- Which organisms are citrate pos?
- Salmonella, C. freundii
- Which organisms are citrate neg?
- Y.enterocolitica, E.coli, Edwardsiella, Shigella.
- WHich organisms are Lysine neg?
- Y. enterocolitica, Shigella, C. freundii
- Which organisms are lysine pos?
- E. coli, Edwardsiella, Salmonella
- What organism is lac neg?
- Y. enterocolitica
- Which organism is lac pos?
- E. coli
- Which of both patho and normal organisms are H2S producers?
- good way to know you've got edwardsiella:
- Edwardsiella is
Indole pos and Citrate neg
Salmonella and Citrobacter f. are both Indole neg and Citrate pos
- If lysine is negative and citrate is negative, what should you be thinking?
- y. enterocolitica or shigella, but not e.coli; they're all citrate neg, but e.coli is lysine pos
- If H2S is produced the bug can only be:
- If Motility is positive the bug is NOT:
Yersinia enterocolitica at 37
- If Indole is Neg and Citrate is Pos:
bug could be..
- Citrobacter freundii
- If Lysine is deaminated, bug could be:
- Ornithine is NEVER positive for:
- Only bug that is BOTH
indole and citrate positive:
- If Indole is Pos and
Citrate is Neg
- Of the pathogenics, only 2 are positive on urea:
- Y. enterocolitica
- 3-4+ urea:
- Proteus, Morganella, Providencia
- Only DNAse positive
differentiates it from Enterobacter
- Genera with spores
You must Login or Register to add cards