Glossary of Big Moon Tortilla
Other Decks By This User
- Who are the main characters in Big Moon Tortilla?
- Marta Enos, Grandmother
- Where did this story take place?
- Desert, Arizona
- When did this story take place?
- Spring, Summer, April
- What happened in the beginning of this story?
- Marta finished her homework, smelt Grandmother's tortillas, and opened a window.
- What was Marta's first disaster?
- Her homework blew out the window.
- What was Marta's second disaster?
- Marta tried to save a page of her homework from the dog. Her glasses fell off and she stepped on them.
- What happened to Marta's glasses?
- They fell off her head and she stepped on them. The glasses broke in half.
- Grandmother told Marta that when we have a problem, we must what?
- Choose what we will be.
- What options did Grandmother sing to Marta?
- Tree, Rock, Mountain Lion, Eagle
- What happened in the middle of the story?
- Marta went to her Grandmother for advice about her problems.
- What happened at the end of the story?
- Marta chose to be an eagle and do her homework over.
- Extra Credit - What does it mean to be a tree?
- To stand up tall in the desert and look all ways at once.
- Extra Credit - What does it mean to be a rock?
- Sit still, seeing nothing and saying nothing.
- Extra Credit - What do you think Grandmother meant when she said, "You have to be a strong mountain lion?"
- Fierce and ready to fight for what is right.
- Extra Credit - What do you think Grandmother meant when she said, "Sometimes, the wisest thing is to be an eagle and fly?"
- When the eagle is high up, it sees how small the earth is. It sees howsmall the problem is.
- Who did Marta go to for advice?
You must Login or Register to add cards