Glossary of Bible Vocabulary
Other Decks By This User
- A Jewish term for daddy
- Christian love
- Each of the 12 disciples of Jesus
The ones who preached the gospels
- Reparation for a wrong or injury
- Supreme blessedness
- The name given to Christ as the deliver of Judah prophesied by Isaiah
Means God with us
- The form of a letter written by an apostle
- Any system of doctrines concerning last, or final, matters, as death, the Judgment, the future state, etc.
- The means by which atonement or reparation is made.
- A garden east of Jerusalem, near the brook of Kedron: scene of Jesus' agony and betrayal. Matt. 26:36.
- A hill near Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified; Calvary.
- The teachings of Jesus and the apostles; the Christian revelation.
- The Incarnation, (sometimes lowercase) Theology. the doctrine that the second person of the Trinity assumed human form in the person of Jesus Christ and is completely both God and man.
- The wise men, generally assumed to be three in number, who paid homage to the infant Jesus. Matt. 2:1–12.
- The promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.
- New Covenant
- The promises of salvation made by God to humans individually, based on divine grace rather than Mosaic Law.
A collection of books in the New Testament
Testament= disposal of the goods of the dead
Covenant= mutual contract, binding agreement between certain parties
Jesus is seen as an agent for renewal for the covenant between God and his people
- A simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson.
- a member of a Jewish sect that flourished during the 1st century b.c. and 1st century a.d. and that differed from the Sadducees chiefly in its strict observance of religious ceremonies and practices, adherence to oral laws and traditions, and belief in an afterlife and the coming of a Messiah.
- The highest judicial and ecclesiastical council of the ancient Jewish nation, composed of from 70 to 72 members.
- Also called Blessed Trinity, Holy Trinity. the union of three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost) in one Godhead, or the threefold personality of the one Divine Being.
- To clear someone of all blame
You must Login or Register to add cards