Glossary of Bible Verses for Index File
Other Decks By This User
- Philippians 4:13
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Philippians 3:14
- I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- The Lord's Prayer
- Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. They will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debrts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
- Genesis 1:1, 27, 31
- (1:1)In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(1:27)So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(1:31) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
- Psalm 23
- <A Psalm of David.> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
- Psalm 35:9
- And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.
- Psalm 100
- <A Psalm of praise.> Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
- Psalm 119:30
- I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.
- Proverbs 4:7, 20, 21
- (4:7) Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
(4:20) My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
(4:21) Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
- Proverbs 22:29
- Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
- Mark 12:30,31
- And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
- John 13:34,35
- A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
- Ephesians 2:8-10
- (2:8)For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Ephesians 4:25, 32
- (4:25)Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
(4:32)And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
- Ephesians 6:1-3
- (6:1)Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
(6:2)Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
(6:3)That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- Philippians 4:4-9, 13
- (4:4)Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
(4:5)Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
(4:6)Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
(4:7)And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(4:8)Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
(4:9)Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
(4:13)I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- 1 Timothy 6:6
- But godliness with contentment is great gain.
- Hebrews 11:1
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Hebrews 13:17
- Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
- James 4:1
- From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
- James 5:8
- Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
- 1 Peter 4:8
- And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
- 1 John 1:8-9
- (1:8)If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(1:9)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Revelation 4:11
- Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
You must Login or Register to add cards