Glossary of Benchmark 3 continued
Other Decks By This User
- Where do we find most rights that are guaranteed to Americans citizens?
- In the Bill of Rights
- Name a responsibitlity of an American citizen.
- Obey the laws
Serve on a jury
Defend ones country
- The 1st 10 amendments to the Constitution guarantee what?
- individual rights
- Who make up the United States Congress?
- The House of Representatives and the Senate
- Why are the Bill of Rights important today, 200 years after they were written?
- They provide protection for each individual's rights.
- Which branch of government enforces laws?
- The executive branch
- The Supreme Court of the United States represents which branch of government?
- Which of the following is not guaranteed by the Bill of Rights? speech, assembly, choice, religion
- Name a check the executive branch (president) has over Congress.
- veto power
- The U.S. Congress is a group of people who make _________.
- The United States is a democracy. In a democracy, __________ make the laws and run the government.
- In a ___________ form of government citizens elect their leaders to represent them in making laws.
- The U.S. Constitution establishes a federal system of government. This mean that ________ & _______ governments share powers.
- states and central
- Our country's 1st form of government was formed under the Articles of Confederation. Why did it not work well?
- The people did not see themselves as a single nation.
- What source would you use to learn what Interstae Highway goes from Savannah to Macon?
- GA Road Map
You must Login or Register to add cards