Glossary of Basic Military Requirements CH 10
Other Decks By This User
- NAVPERS 15665 is better known as the _________.
- U.S. Navy uniform regulations
- The belt worn with dress white trousers should be made from what material?
- The same material as the trousers.
- What material is the neckerchief made from?
- Black silk, acetate, or other suitable material.
- The neckerchief is __ inches sqaure.
- What knot is the neckerchief tied with?
- Square knot
- The top of the knot in the necker chief should be even with _______.
- The lowermost point of the collar opening.
Men and women wear the neckerchief with dress white and dress blue uniforms.
Women only wear the neckerchief with dress whites
- The white hat shoud be worn with the diagonal woven seam of the brim to the _____.
- Ribbons are worn ____ above the left breast pocket.
- Ship-name sleeve mark is to be worn ____ below the seam on the _____ shoulder.
- The dress blue trousers are plain and cuffless and have a ___button broadfall front.
- Mens dress blue jumper top should hang how far?
- Just above the bottom two buttons on trousers
On mens dress blues the 13 buttons represent the 13 original colonies.
- What material are mens dress blue uniforms made from?
- Wool serge
- Mens dress white jumpers and trousers are made of a polyester material designated as __________.
- Navy twill
- Can the peacoat be buttoned to the neck?
- Yes during foul weather
- What uniform Item allows you to wear a clear plastic, combination cap rain cover
- The All-weather coat (raincoat)
- When large medals are worn with the uniform, the uniform is called __________.
- Full dress
- Womens dress blue uniform substitutes what for the neckerchief?
- A necktie or neck tab
- What two bottoms are authorized with womens dress white tops?
- White belted skirt
white jumper slacks
- When white jumper slacks are used with the white jumper, the hem of the jumper should fall to within __ inch above the bottom of the pocket opening of the slacks.
- Womens slacks should cover the heel of the shoe by ___.
- One inch
- Womens heels will be no higher than ____ inches nor less than ___ inch when measured from the forward edge of the heel.
- 2 5/8
Women may wear open heel / open toe shoes as deemed by the skipper.
- What heels are not authorized for wear by women?
- Wedge heels
- Why do Division officers conduct seabag inspections?
- To ensure personnel have the correct uniforms.
- What size stencil should be used to mark clothing?
- What is the largest size stencil allowed to mark clothing?
- What should be stenciled on uniforms?
- name and social
- Who may authorize the transfer of uniform clothing?
- The job/occupation of a person is known as the _____ while the paygrade is known as the _____.
- How many broad occupational groups are there?
- What are the Navy's six occupational groups?
- What do service stripes indicate?
- Length of service
- One service stripe is awarded for every __ years of service.
- Gold rating badges and service stripes are awarded for __ years of good conduct.
- Who is the most senior enlisted person in the Navy?
- The MCPON
Master chief petty officer of the Navy
- The rating insignia of the MCPON has how many stars across the top?
- What replaces the specialty mark of the MCPON?
- A star
- What replaces the specialty mark of a CMC?
- A star
- Construction stripes are _____.
- Aviation stripes are _____.
- Fireman stripes are _____.
- Seamen, hospitalmen and dentalmen stripes are _____.
- Commissioned officers hold their positions of command by the authority given them by the __________.
- President of the United States
- How is a line officer identified from a staff corps officer?
- A line officer wears a star
- All warant officers are comissioned as ___.
- A Navy O-7 is refered to as a ________.
- Rear admiral lower half
- A Navy O-8 is refered to as a ________.
- Rear admiral upper half
- A Navy O-9 is refered to as a ________.
- A Navy O-10 is refered to as an ________.
- Admiral or Fleet admiral
- An O-10 of the Marines, Army or Airforce is known as a _____.
- An O-9 of the Marines, Army or Airforce is known as a _____.
- Lieutenant General
- An O-8 of the Marines, Army or Airforce is known as a _____.
- Major General
- An O-7 of the Marines, Army or Airforce is known as a _____.
- Brigadier General
- Officers currently in command at sea wear the command at sea pin on the ____ breast.
- What do personnel who have qualified in all phases of surface warfare wear?
- A Surface warfare insignia
- What do personnel who have qualified to serve in submarines wear.
- A Submarine Warfare insignia
- What insignia is worn by
personnel qualified to serve in flight.
- Aviation Warfare
- What insignia is worn by personnel qualified in underwater and beach reconnaissance, demolition, and special warfare tactics.
- Special Warfare
- What two enlisted insignias are Gold in color?
- Enlisted Aircrew and Naval Parachutist
- There are _____ broad categories of awards.
- What are the seven broad categories of awards?
- 1. Military decorations
2. Unit awards
3. Nonmilitary decorations
4. Campaign and service awards
5. Foreign decorations and non-U.S. service awards
6. Marksmanship awards
7. Awards of military
- An award given to an individual for a specific personal act of gallantry or meritorious service is known as a ___________.
- Military decoration
- Who founded the pruple heart in 1782?
- George Washington
- Who revived the purple heart in 1932?
- President Franklin Deleno Roosevelt
- What is an an award presented to an operating unit worn only by members of the unit who participated in the cited action.
- A Unit award
- What type of awards are issued to personnel who have
participated in designated wars, campaigns, expeditions, or who have fulfilled creditable, specific, service requirements.
- Campaign and service awards
- Medals are attached to the uniform just above the ____ breast pocket.
- Persons possessing four or more ribbons must wear a minimum of _____ but may wear all
- Which of the following is used to identify you as a member of the U.S. armed forces?
A. ID card
B. Dog tags
- A. ID card
- When must you carry your ID card?
- At all times
- What is used for identification and casualty reporting?
- Dog Tags
- What information is contained on dog tags?
SSN and blood type
- Hair above the ears and around the neck of men will be tapered from the lower hairline upward at least _____ and outward to greater than _____ to blend with the hairstyle.
- 3/4 inch
- For men Hair will be no longer than ________and groomed so that it does not touch the ears or collar, extend below the eyebrows when headgear is removed, or interfere with proper wearing of the headgear.
- 4 inches
- For men Sideburns are permitted, but they are to be of even width (not flared), end with a clean shaven horizontal line, and cannot extend below the __________.
- middle of the ear
Beards are allowed when under way for long periods of time.
- How many rings per hand are permitted?
Women are allowed designs braided into their hair.
- Are pony tails authorized for women in uniform?
- Are multiple braids allowed for women in uniform?
- Women who wear multiple braids should keep them smaller in diameter then ____.
- The bulk of womens hair should not extend past __ inches.
- Women are authorized to wear what color bands or pins in their hair?
- Ones that match the hair color.
- Womens fingernails must not exceed _____ measured from the tip of the finger.
- 1/4 inch
- What size earrings may women wear in uniform?
- 6mm (1/8-1/4 inch)
- E-6 and below females wear ___ colored earrings while E-7 and above wear ___.
- When may women wear pearl earrings in uniform.
- With dinner or formal dress uniforms
- How many necklaces or chokers may a service member wear?
- One, but it must not be visible
- What is the purpose of a formation?
- To move a large number of personnel from one place to another in an orderly manner. Another purpose is to make sure people receive correct up-to-date information.
- What is the space between the chest of one person and the back of the person ahead within ranks.
- 40 inches
- When in formation the Guide is normaly positioned to the _____.
- How far is a pace?
- 24 inches for women
30 inches for men
- What are the two types of commands used in formation?
- Preparatory and execution
- What is the basic military position?
- When at attention your feet form an angle of _____.
- Which foot must you keep in place AT EASE?
- Your right foot
- To perform an about face how far do you place your right foot behind your left?
- six inches
- On the command FALL IN, the squad forms in line on the left of the right flank member known as who?
- The Squad leader
- When told to count off all members of the formation except the right flank member turn their head to the _____.
- When given the command open ranks, the first line takes how many steps forward?
- Two 30 inch steps
- When given the command open ranks, the second line takes how many steps forward?
- One 30 inch step
- When given the command open ranks, the fourth line takes how many steps?
- Two 15 inch steps backwards
- When given the command open ranks, the third line takes how many steps?
- None, the third line stays in place
- When given the order to close ranks which rank stands fast?
- The first rank
- What command is used to secure an individual or an entire command?
- Which uniform do female E-6 and below wear with the neckerchief?
- The dress white jumper
- List four military decorations.
- Medal of honor
Distinguished service medal
- A rear admiral lower half wears what collar device?
- A single silver star
- List the four positions of rest for formation.
- Parade rest
- What is the command to turn your head 45* to the right?
- Eyes Right
You must Login or Register to add cards