Glossary of Basic GUM Information
Other Decks By This User
- What is persuasion?
- Persuasion is used to convince someone to do something or to convince someone to believe a certain way.
- What is an interrogative sentence?
- An interrogative sentence is one that asks a question.
- What is a compound sentence?
- A compound sentences contains two complete sentences joined by a comma and a coordinating conjunction.
- What are the FANBOYS?
- FANBOYS is an acronym for "for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so".
- What is a verb?
- A verb shows action in a sentence or shows a state of being.
- What is a pronoun?
- A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a direct name of a person, place, or thing.
- What is a noun?
- A noun is a person, place, thing, or idea.
- What is an adverb?
- An adverb modifies a verb.
- What is a sentence?
- A sentence contains a subject and a predicate.
- What is an adjective?
- An adjective modifies a noun.
- What is a personal narrative?
- A personal narrative is told by an individual about his or her life.
- If a sentence contains two sentences joined by a coordinating conjunction, what is placed before the coordinating conjunction?
- A comma is placed before the coordinating conjunction.
- What is another name for the "FANBOYS"?
- Another name for the "FANBOYS" is coordinating conjunctions.
You must Login or Register to add cards