Glossary of Baby Whales Drink Milk
Other Decks By This User
- What type of animal is a whale?
- It is a mammal.
- What is a blowhole?
- A hole at the top of a whale's head to breathe through.
- Why do whales swim south to the warmer water?
- The cold water begins to freeze which could harm the baby whales when they are born.
- How does the mother whale take care of her baby?
- It keeps it near her as she swims. She has special muscles which produce milk to feed the baby. It keeps the baby by her for a year.
- How are whales different from fish?
- Whales are born from their mother's bodies alive, while fish hatch from eggs.
- List three more details about mammals?
- 1. have fur or hair
2. Need to breathe oxygen
3. Mothers feed their babies milk
5. Largest brain of all animals
6. 4 limbs
8. Heart pumps blood throughout body.
9. Many mammals have tails
- Are mammmals warm-blooded or cold-blooded?
- Where do whales live?
- They live in the ocean.
- How many months does it take for a Humpback baby to grow in its mother's body?
- One year
- Why does a whale spout?
- It has to blow air out of the blowhole to breathe in fresh air into its lungs.
- Baby whales are about the same size as what kind of boat when they are born?
- A canoe
- How would describe the size of whales?
- They are huge or very big.
- How can you tell the whales, dogs, and horses are mammals?
- They feed their babies milk from their bodies.
You must Login or Register to add cards