Glossary of BMR CHAPRT 5
Other Decks By This User
- THE UNITED STATES NAVY WAS FORMED BECAUSE
- THE SECOND CONTINETAL CONGRESS REALIZED THAT THE SURVIVAL OF THE COLONIES AS INDEPENDENT FROM ENGLAND DEPENDED ON THE FORMATION OF NAVAL FORCES
- WHAT DARTES COMMEMORATES THE UNTED STATES BIRTHDAY.
A. 5 SEPT 1774
B. 13 OCT 1775
C. 4 JULY 1776
D. 14 OCT 1778
- B. 13 OCT. 1776
- WHAT SHIP WAS THE FIRST WARFARE SUBERMARINE
- C TURTLE
- What war began when the USS Maine was blown up and 250 Marines were killed
- The Spansish American war.
- During the Civil War what battle did Admiral Faaragut gave the order "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead"
- The battle of Mobile Bay
- How many vessels did the Second Continental authorized to purchase on 13 Oct. 1775
- Who was the president at he time when the U.S Navy Department was establish
- Thomas Jefferson
- Who was the first admiral of the U.S Navy
- Admiral David Farragut
- Who said these famous words " I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight."
- John Paul Jones
- Who was the First Naval Aviator
- LT. T.G. Ellyson
- What wa the first ship to have a a plane successfully land and take off from the platform
- Uss Pennsylvania (ACR4)
- Who did Commadore Mathew C. Perry sign a treaty with on March 31, 1854
- The war of 1812 was brought on how.
- It was brought on, in part, because the British were impressing (forcing Americans to serve in the British Navy)
- What is the nickname for the Uss Constitution
- Old Iron Side
- how many prewar commisioned aircraft carrier was there during the 1930s and 1940s what ships were they
USS RANGER, USS ENTERPRISE, USS YORKTOWN, USS WASP, AND THE USS HORNET
- why was no aircraft carriers lost in the attack at Pearl Harbor
- They were all out at sea
- What battle did both fleets never saw each other
- The Battle of Coral Sea
- What batttle was the turning point of the war.
- The Battle of Midway
- Fleet Admira Nimitz signs the Japanese surrender document on what day and aboard what ship
- 02 Sept. 1945
the USS Missouri
- What was the name of the first nuclear subermarine to put to sea and on what date
- USS Nautilus
17 Jan. 1955
- What was the Navys most notable Alantic actions may have been what on June 6 1944
- Invasion of Normandy
- What two things came into full use during World war II
- Radar and Sonar
- On what month, day and year did congress authorize the establishment of the Womens Reserve with and estimated goal of 10,00 enlisted women and 1,000 officer.
- July 30, 1940
- During World War II, WAVES were directly howq many different ratings.
- What act was passed on June 12 1948
- The Womewns Armed Service Intergration Act.
- What was the significant of the Womens Armed Service Act.
- Gave the women full partnership on the navy team and abolish the womens reserve. For the firswt time women became a part of the navy.
- When did the Korean confict end
- July 1953
- What was the first nuclear submarine put to sea
- The USS Nautilus
- What month day and year was the USS Nautilus put to sea
- January 17, 1955
- On what day did the USS Nautilus complete a history - making transpolar voyage.
- August 12, 1958
- How many new attack carriers join the fleet, including the worlds first nuclear power carrier, USS Enterprise (CVN65)
- the vietnam era
- true or false
On November 14, 1969, the all Navy Apollo-12 crew lifted off from Kennedy Space Center on the second lunar expedition.
- On May 5, 1961, who was the first Navy Commander made americas first suborbital flight.
- Commander Alan B. Shepard, Jr.
- In what war did women serve as a member of the Navy
- World War II
- What was some of the navys mission during the Veitnam Police Action include:
- Surface ship-base gunfire support, Carrier-based aircraft operations, and Coastal interdiction patrols against he enemy.
You must Login or Register to add cards