Glossary of BJUP American Republic Chapter 23 - WWI
Other Decks By This User
- Triple Alliance
- Triple Entente
- Central Powers
- Allied Powers
United States (1917)
- unrestricted submarine warfare
- Germany fired on all ships in a designated war zone around Britain.
- May, 1915
British liner sunk without warning off the coast of Ireland by Germans.
- convoy system
- US ships traveled to Europe with supplies. Naval destroyers with antisubmarine guns escorted them.
- War Industries Board
- Organized the industrial production needed. Factories transformed.
- War Labor Policies Board
- To keep costs & wages under control & to regulate laborers.
- American Expeditionary Force
- American troops who joined the European fighting force starting Fall of 1917.
- Nickname for American troops
- John Pershing
- General who commanded AEF starting Spring 1918.
- Ferdinand Foch
- Frenchman who served as Supreme Allied Commander over General Pershing.
- Vladimir Lenin
- Led Communist Revolution to overthrow Czar in 1917.
- Armistice Day
- Nov. 11, 1918 when Germany signed agreement to stop fighting.
- Fourteen Points
- Woodrow Wilson's set of guidelines to rebuild European peace. Announced in Jan. 1918.
- League of Nations
- Organization of cooperating nations that could talk over problems & settle them peacefully.
- payment for damages by the losers
- Big Four at Paris Peace Conference (1/18/1919)
- Georges Clemenceau - France
David Lloyd George - Britain
Vittorio Orlando - Italy
Woodrow Wilson - U.S.
- Treaty of Versailles
- June 28, 1919
Not signed by U.S.
- June 28, 1914
- Archduke Francis Ferdinand was assassinated in Sarajevo.
- April 6, 1917
- America officially entered the war.
You must Login or Register to add cards