Glossary of BIO 231 Chap. 1
Other Decks By This User
- the units of elemnts such as oxygen, carbon, nitrogen and sobidum?
- the combination of more than one atom?
- water, sodium chloride, proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids are examples of?
- funcamental unit of living things
- group of cells of similar structure working together and performing the same function?
- two or more different kinds of tissues make up?
- highest levels of organization, in a structure
- sum total of all chemical processes occuring in the body
- breakdown of organic matters, usually with the release of energy.
- buildup of organic matters, usually requring an input of energy?
- process in which an organism obtains materials from the environment and increases its mass?
- the result of contracting muscle cells?
- the ability of cells to receive stimuli and transport them from one body part to another?
- ability of the body to replicate itself? Can refer to formation of new cells fro growth, repair or replacement or the production of an entirely new individiual.
- the response of the body to an internal or external stimulus
- the process of removing waste products from the body?
- steady-state of equilibrium existing in the body and the maintenance of this state?
- NORMAL VALUE of a variable factor such as temperature?
- detection of any deviation from the setpoint is caused by?
- RECEPTORS OR SENSORS
- What implements the response to return the body to homeostatis?
You must Login or Register to add cards