Glossary of BD 101 - Bible Doctrines I
Other Decks By This User
- The word "doctrine" simply means ______ or ____ ____ __ _____.
- "teaching", "that which is taught"
- The study of the doctrine of the Scriptures is called __________.
- The word "Bible" means _____ __ _________.
- "book of writings"
- The first step in the study of Bibliology is to define the expression ___ _________.
- "all Scripture"
- The term "all Scripture" has to do with the _________ of the Bible.
- The word "canon" means "_ ____ __ _______" or “_ _________ ___”.
- a rule of measure, a measuring rod
- Reasons for establishing the New Testament canon.
- 1. Roman persecution and the destruction of literature
2. A Multitude of books claiming inspiration
3. Marcion's Incomplete Canon
- The 5 rules of canonicity are:
- 1. Is the writing authoritative?
2. Is the writing prophetic?
3. Is the writing authentic?
4. Is the writing dynamic?
5. Is the writing accepted?
- Several books in the Bible today were challenged as canonical at first. These books were called _____________ books.
- Bible student must remember that canonicity was __________ by God; and __________ by man.
- determined, discovered
- By believing in a closed canon we look for:
- 1. no new revelation.
2. no more revelation.
- II Tim. 3:16-17
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
- II Pet. 1:21
- For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- The Greek word is "Theopneustos" which means "___ ________."
- God breathed
- Inspiration has to do with the overseeing of the according of the Word of God by the Holy Spirit to assure its ________ and protect it from _____.
- accuracy, error
- Name the five false theories of inspiration and who holds to each belief.
- 1. Natural Inspiration held by (lost people)
2. Universal Inspiration held by (charismatic movement)
3. Mechanical Inspiration held by (those with a mystical idea of religion)
4. Concept Inspiration held by (neo-evangelicals)
5. Partial Inspiration held by (new-orthodox)
- By plenary, we mean that the Bible is ________ of God.
- By Verbal, we mean that the ____ ______ of the original writers were inspired of God.
- very words
- What are the four signs of unity in the Bible?
- 1. 40 human authors
2. 1600 years
3. 66 Books
4. Yet, not one contradiction or variation in the great theme of the Word of God.
- I Pet. 1:23
- Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
You must Login or Register to add cards