Glossary of Aviation Law Common Terminology
Other Decks By This User
- Amicus curiae
- Latin for "friend of the court."
- One who appeals the decision of a lower court to a higher court for review.
- The other party in a litigation against whom an appeal is taken (also called the "respondent"
- to comfirm, ratify, or approve a judgement of a lower court
- delivery of property by one (the bailor) to another (the bailee) in trust (or contract), and once the contract is fulfilled the property will be returned.
- Caveat emptor
- latin meaning, "let the buyer beware." check the good before purchasing
- act of judicially converting private property to public use under eminent domame
- Inverse condemnation
- public entity takes or damags property without going though the legal procedureof condemnation
- adverse possession
- method of (private) acquisiton of title to real property by possesson for a statutory period under certain conditions
- legally enforceable agreement upon sufficient consideration.
2)the subject or object
3) legal consideration
4) mutuality of agreement or assent
5) mutuality of obligation (i.e., both parties are bound by the terms
You must Login or Register to add cards