Glossary of Automated Analysis
Other Decks By This User
- what is automated analysis?
- mechanical or electrical control of a process that's repetitive,to minimize error and increase efficiency.
- what is continuous flow?
- -Continuous pumping of reagents into 1 rxn chamber;
-Specimens enter segmented flow at intervals.
- How do automated analyzers meter out sample/reagent?
- with tubes of various diameters.
- what is contained in the stream?
-Water wash between segments.
- What can interfere with analyte msmt, and how is it removed?
- Protein - by dialysis.
- -How many components are in a continuous flow auto analyzer?
-What are they?
2) Proportioning pump
5) Heating bath
- What does a sampler do?
- aspirates samples, standards, and wash solutions in a timed sequence.
- what are the parts of a sampler?
- Cam, motor to turn the cam.
- What is the heart of the system?
- Proportioning pump to move sample/reagent/air
- what does the manifold do?
- proportions, mixes, carries fluid through analysis by pump action.
- what is the dialyzer for?
- removing protein and interfering substances.
- what factors influence dialysis?
- -Time, Temp, Membrane type and Membrane surface. ALL CONSTANT.
-Concentration - the only variable.
- How is the heating bath constructed,and why?
- So that solution flows from bottom up - gives time delay for ample color development.
- What happens to the stream before color measurment?
- how does sample go through the colorimeter?
- through a flow cell.
- what 4 components are in the optical colorimeter for auto analysis?
- 1. Tungsten lamp
2. Interference FILTER
3. 2 photocells - double beam in space.
4. Null balance circuit.
- what type of recorder is used?
- a pen that draws a graph corresponding to color measurement. will reflect bubbles if present!
- what other photodetectors could be used?
- -Flame photometer
- what is DISCRETE ANALYSIS?
- chemistry analysis of samples SEPERATED BY PHYSICAL BARRIERS.
- what is commonly used to seperate the samples?
- plastic envelopes with reagents in them.
- what is the Ektachem currently called?
- the Vitros
- what type of analysis does the Vitros use?
- -Dry slide technology with ion selective electrodes.
- what are the 4 key concepts re: the vitros?
- -Liquid free(dryslide) technol.
-Reflectance spectrophotometry for opaque slides/samples
-Air displacement sampling.
You must Login or Register to add cards