Glossary of Assingment 15
Other Decks By This User
- Prisioners of war are not subject to the UCMJ.
- What officer is responsible for preparing prisioner muster lists and having prisioners photographed for record purposes?
- First Lieutenant
- Which officers are authorized to confiscate all arms, military equipment, and military documents in the possesion of the prisioners?
- Intelligence Officer
- Members of the US Armed Forces and prisioners of war may be confined together
- What instruction provides guidance for handling prisioners of war?
- SECNAVINST 3461.3
- What authority or agency should a CO notify when naval personnel are involved in a major crime committed outside a naval installation?
- The NCIS
The officer with general court-martial jurisdiction
- A petty larceny ocurred in a naval officer's stateroom and you have been assigned to investigate. Although only petty larceny is involved, you should still inform the NCIS.
- Which is a separate operating agency of the Department of Defense and provides for the conduct of personnel security investigations?
- The DIS
- Which incidents would justify the CO requesting support from NCIS?
- In the criminal information process, there are a total of how many steps?
- What term defines combining information with related information
- In what year was the Privacy Act enacted?
- One who provides information because of a peculiar quirk in personality.
- One who provides information for the sole purpose of financial gain.
- One who takes pleasure in spreading news to the investigator.
- One who provides information in the hope of gaining some unusual advantage.
- Generally, military courts will treat informant information as which type of information?
- A guiding case demonstrating a conscientious effort to corroborate information is demonstrated in which trial?
- Draper v. United States
- Of the five senses, which two are relied upon the most for description and identification?
- Sight and Hearing
- What term is used to describe the uncommon characteristics of a person?
- An important part of a female description is the appearance of the bust. Which terms may be used to describe a woman's bust?
- When estimating a person's weight, you should do so in how many pound increments?
- When the age of a person is estimated, it should be estimated in multiples of how many years?
- Which characteristics will often constitute the major part of a person's description?
- Which are considered the two least reliable senses?
- Taste and Smell
- Which techniques are used to minimize error and eliminate false identification of persons or objects?
- A lineup should contain a minimum of how many people?
- The person under observation.
- The term used to indicate that the identity of a surveillant has been discovered.
- A person engaged in observing a subject.
- Any person with whom the subject confers.
- A person used by the subject to detect surveillance.
- A person who attempts to divert the surveillant's attention from the subject.
- How many types of surveillance are used by the Master-at-Arms?
- What term is commonly used to describe mobile surveillance?
- What type of surveillance is used when it is not necessary to keep the subject under constant observation?
- What term describes constant observation of a subject?
- As an investigator, what attribute determine the success or failure of an interview?
- When you are interrogating a suspect whose guilt is uncertain or doubtful, you should use what type of approach?
- The most commonly used interrogation techniques are logic, reasoning, and psychological.
- Interviewer confronts suspect with testimony and evidence.
- Logic and Reasoning
- Interviewer relates a story of a fictitious crime that varies only in minute details from the actual crime.
- The hypothetical story
- Interviewer takes the suspect for a walk past the crime scene without saying anything.
- Cold Shoulder
- Interviewer confronts one suspect with known facts that have been alledgedly given by another suspect.
- Playing one suspect against another
- Interviewer points out the futility of denying guilt to the suspect.
- Logic and Reasoning
- Whenever doubt exists as to the elements of proof in a case, the MCM should be reviewed.
- What title of the US Code adresses juvenile delinquents?
- Title 18 Section 5031
- When you are dealing with concurrent jurisdiction, the agency that will become involved is often more a matter of policy than of law.
- Does the UCMJ apply to juveniles? If so, to whom?
- In which instances would a state crime become an assimilated federal crime?
- When the federal government exercises exclusive or concurrent jurisdiction
- When juveniles commit minor Federal offenses, the case may be heard by what authority?
- What will determine the extent to which the Master-at-Arms will become involved in disposing of juvenile offenses?
- Local Policies
- Any questions concerning juvenile suspects at overseas installations require close coordination between security personnel and what other authority?
- Judge Advocate's Office
- The Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act was passed in what year?
- You are taking a juvenile into custody and you intend to prosecute him/her as an adult. From whom should you get written consent prior to taking fingerprints and photographs?
- The Judge of Juvenile Court
- When a juvenile is found innocent what should happen to the individual's record concerning the offense?
- When you are interrogating a juvenile, what is the best way to create meaningful communications?
- Be honest and straightfoward
- The minimum investigative training for the Master-at-Arms should include education in which areas?
- Preservation and examination of crime scenes.
Provisions of the UCMJ that govern investigations.
The scope of the Master-at-Arms investigative responsability.
- Investigative assingments should be made according to what attribute(s) of the investigator?
- Aptitude and individual
- When assigning cases to personnel what will probably be your most difficult decision?
- Assigning tasks that fit the person without over-burdening the more experienced personnel.
You must Login or Register to add cards