Glossary of Art content 2
Other Decks By This User
- An example of High-relief sculpture
- The gates of hell by Rodin
- inner support for a sculpture
- This method involves 3 broad steps: the mold, orig. sculpture removed from the mold the ____ liquid is poured into the hollow cavity, the liquid hardens the mold is removed
- It is the most difficult of the 3 basic sculptural methods because it is a one way technique that provides little or no opp. to correct mistakes.
- Calder sculpture was coined 'mobiles' by Marcel Duchamp give another term for them
- Kinetic Sculpture
- Painted his subjects with no pity. He made their features reveal all their vanity and ugliness thier greed and emptiness
- Painted a serier entitled " Disasters of War" and later on a grim series he painted right onto the walls of his home called the 'black paintings'
- It was the first of the avant-garde movements that flourished in France in the early years of the twentieth century. The _____ painters were the first to break with Impressionism as well as with older, traditional methods of perception. Their spontaneous
- Name the founders of the fauvist movement and give me two other followers
- Henri Matisse & Andre Derain,
Maurice de Vlaminck, Georges Roualt
- type of printmaking method in which ground brushed over a metal plate
- process based on the antipathy of oil and water
- greasy liquid
- in lithography the limestone is treated with what to 'fix' the image on the upper layer of stone?
- gum arabic and a small amount of acid
- He was one of the first to use linseed oil as a paint medium.
He painted " Giovanni Arnolfini and his bride" 1434
- Jan Van Eyck
- give 4 artists that employed the use of Tenebrism
- Caravaggio, LaTour, Ribera, Zurbaran
- a style of painting prevalent in Italy between 1525 and 1600.
characterized by a complex composition, with muscular and elongated figures in complex poses
- Give me 4 Mannerist artists
- El Greco, Tintoretto, Pontormo, Parmigianio or Bronzino
- Give me 3 Column styles and tell which one was the most ornamental of the 3
- Doric, Ionic, Corinthian
and corinthian was more ornamental.
- The "Laocoon and his sons" is classified as ......
- probably the most outstanding achievement of the Romans
- civil engineering
You must Login or Register to add cards