Glossary of Art Watercolor 1,2,3
Other Decks By This User
- 1.Watercolor paint is transparent.
2.Reserve all white areas (light highlights),leave paper unpainted
3. Always paint light colors (values)to
- Whats the 1,2,3 of water colors?
- Whats the two ways that watercolors
- Cake and Tube
- Describe cake form
- What are the pluses of cake paint?
- Lends itself to a large surface area.
- What are the Drawbacks of cake paint?
- Colors inconsistent (between sets).
Will waste more paint.
- Discribe TUBE paint.
- What are the PLUSES of TUBE paint ?
- You have more control when mixing.
Colors are very consistent.
Use less paint.
Color pigment usualluy is more pure.
- What are the MINUSES of TUBE paint?
- Smaller surface area.
Cost,single tube $12.00.
- What are the two types of watercolor
- Hot Press
- What are the Pluses of Hot Press?
- Smoother textures
- What are the Minuses of Hot Press?
- More expensive
- What are the Pluses of Cold Press?
- More texture (range)
- What are the Minuses of Cold Press?
- Wrinkles more
- How is Cold Press paper sized?
- Put wet paper on top of dry paper and put a dry piece of paper on top.Put weight on it. It takes three days.
- What is the size of the paper?
How many sheets of paper in a Ream?
- The size is 22x40.
500 sheets in a Ream.
- Lightest weight?
- about $1.50 a sheet for common paper.
Thicker the paper the higher the cost.
- What are the five watercolor techniques?
- Even Wash
Wet on Wet
- Evan Wash
- Value of color is consistant.
- Graded Wash
- Transision of color value-Dark-Light
Use tip & body of brush for first strokes then gradually use back end of brush by stick.
- Streaked Wash
- Streaks of color- value goes Dark-light.
- Wet on Wet
- Soft edges
Dot of color
- Dry Brushing
- Visual texture
Directional lines finish detail.
Fan brush out & paint accross first
layer of color.
- How is a Soft Edge determened?
- A Soft Edge is determened by how you stroke the paint or (use the brush)
You must Login or Register to add cards