Glossary of Art Study Guide
Other Decks By This User
- What did the Greeks prefered to use?
- What kind of improvements were trying to be made?
- What did they try to reach?
- What were Greeks great at?
- Romans were?
- engineers and architects
- What did Romans use columns for?
- Structural support is used to?
- hold up the buildings
- What were stones held together with?
- key stone
- What did Romans build the arches out of?
- What did the aqueducts do?
- carried water into the cities
- What did a large ceremonial archway celebrate?
- military campains
- What were in the baths?
- libraries, gymnasiums, shops, restaurants, walkways and heated pools
- What did the Archaic period include?
- solid stiff sculptures
- What did the Classical period include?
- near perfection and a good porportion and a sence of movement
- What was in the Hellanistec peeriod?
- very emotional
- What were Romans concerned about with their sculptures?
- Greeks were concerned about?
- idolizing the figuere
You must Login or Register to add cards