Glossary of Art 8: Questions Art Hisorians Ask
Other Decks By This User
- What is Art History?
- The study of the original cultural context of art made in a certain historical time period.
- How old is it? Physical evidence
- What kinds of materials were used? Ex. bronze, plastic, oil paint...
- How old is it? Documentary evidence
- Were any records left indicating when the art was created?
- How old is it? Visual evidence
- Does the hairstyle, clothing or furniture suggest the date of the art?
- How old is it? Stylistic evidence
- Can you identify the artist's special or unique way of creating the art?
- What is the style? Period style
- Refers to the specific way of creating art in a specific historical period
- What is the style? Regional style
- Describes changes in artistic style based on geography or location
- What is the style? Personal style
- The special or unique qualities of an individual artist or architect
- Personal determiner:
- Who made it?
- Market determiner:
- Who paid for it?
You must Login or Register to add cards