Glossary of Arrow of Light Memory work
Other Decks By This User
- Be prepared
- Scout motto. Be ready for anything. Be ready to do your duty and to face danger if necessary to help others.
- A scout is loyal
- A scout is true to his family, friends, Scout leaders, neighborhood, nation and the world
- Scout salute
- Hand formed in scout sign, touching rim of cap or forehead above right eye. Given when saluting the flag or in ceremonies.
- and my country
- being a good family member and good citizen, in our neighborhood and nation
- A scout is obedient
- A scout follows the rules of his family, school and troop. He obeys the laws of his country and community.
- A scout is trustworthy
- A scout tells the truth and keeps his promises. People can depend on him.
- The Outdoor Code
- As an American, I will do my best to be clean in my outdoor manners, be careful with fire, be considerate in the outdoors, and be conservation minded.
- To do my duty to God
- Learning how to know and serve God
- A scout is clean
- A scout keeps his body and mind fit and clean. He helps keep his home and community clean.
- Mentally awake
- Learning all I can, being curious and asking questions
- A scout is cheerful
- A scout looks for the bright side of things. A scout does cheerfully tasks that come his way
- To keep myself physically strong,
- Take good care of my body
- Do a Good Turn Daily
- Scout slogan. Do at least one good thing daily, looking for chances to help out and not boasting about it. A good turn is something extra that you do, going out of your way to helpful or kind
- I will do my best
- I will give my greatest effort
- A scout is thrifty
- A scout works to pay his way and help others. He saves for the future. He conserves resources. He uses time and property carefully.
- And morally straight
- Live life honestly, be clean in speech and action, having a strong character
- Scout sign
- Three upraised fingers standing for the three parts of the scout oath. The thumb and little finger touching stand for the bond between all scouts.
- A scout is friendly
- A scout is a brother to other scouts and all people. He seeks to understand others and respects those ideas and customs that are different from his own.
- A scout is reverent
- A scout is faithful in his religious duties and respects the beliefs of others.
- A scout is helpful
- A scout is concerned about other people. He helps without pay or other reward
- Hand shake with left hand instead of right hand. Left hand is offered as a sign of friendship as it is the one closest to our hearts
- and to obey the Scout Law
- Live by the 12 points.
- A scout is brave
- A scout can face danger even if he is afraid. He has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right even if others laugh or threaten him.
- A scout is courteous
- A scout is polite to everyone. He knows that good manners are important.
- A scout is kind
- A scout understands that there is strength in being gentle. He treats others as he wants to be treated. He is never cruel to living things.
- On my honor
- I promise, I'm the kind of person that can be counted on
You must Login or Register to add cards