Glossary of Apologia Physical Science, Module 2
Other Decks By This User
- the moisture content of air
- absolute humidity
- the mass of water vapor contained in a certain volume of air
- relative humidity
- a quantity expressing humidity as a percentage of the maximum absolute humidity for that particular temperature
- greenhouse effect
- the process by which certain gases (principally water, carbon dioxide, and methane) trap heat that would otherwise escape the earth and radiate into space
- parts per million (ppm)
- the number of molecules (or atoms) of a substance in a mixture for every one million molecules (or atoms) in that mixture
- What is dry air made up of?
- 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen
- What makes up the majority of the air we inhale and exhale?
- True or False: Global warming and the greenhouse effect are the same thing.
- global warming
- when the concentration of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases increase too much causing the earth to become too warm
- What pollutant gas is a deadly by-product of incomplete combustion?
- carbon monoxide
You must Login or Register to add cards