Glossary of Ancient India Test
Other Decks By This User
- Religious texts of Hinduism
- Help explain the Vedas
- Creater God/Preserver God/Destroyer God
- freeing the soul from your body once you are dead, when you unite with Brahman
- What do do affects your life
- Duties and obligations
- Buddha's real name?
- Siddhartha Gautama
- Four Noble Truths
- 1. Suffering is universal
2. Suffering is caused by desire
3. You must crush desire
4. Follow the eight-fold path
- What were the 3 empires in India in chronological order?
- Maury, Gupta, Mhugal
- Anbar the Great
- Leader of Muhgal Empire
- What is the diff. between Hinduism and and Islam?
- Hinduism has no founder, but Islam has Mahammad.
- Fin- (stem)
- act of ending life of individual because of terminal suffering
- meditation upon death
- Communticating with spirits of the dead
- Relating to the Stone Age
- Next to last
- selecting what appears to be best
- to supplement with great effort
- What are the birth places of Indian civilization?
- Mohenjodero and Harappa
- What is the caste system? What is a synonym for it?
- Four classes/ranks in India. Varna is the same thing. Brahmans are on top.
- What is India also called and why?
- Subcontinent, b/c it is separated from the world and very large.
- What 7 countries does South Asia include?
- India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan, Nepal
- Who is Akbar?
- A leader of India
- Who are dravidians?
- They may be descended from the Indus Valley People
- What is the Aryan written language?
- What is Islam and Hinduism combined?
- An essential life
- rebirth of soul in another life form
- condition of wanting nothing
- What did Indian civilization discover and use?
- Zero, Decimals, Fractions, and the size of the earth
- complete seclusion
- the creative power/energy that women have
- When a women has to sacrifice herself when her husband dies
- What 2 mountain ranges are in South Asia, and what is the tallest?
- Himalayas (Mt. Evereast) Hindukush
- In "Night,"Night is described as what that has a sister named what?
- A goddess that has a sister named Twilight
- What is worse: Darkness or night?
- Darkness because there are no stars.
- According to "T. Upanishad," what is Brahma?
- We didn't discover Indians until the year...
- Hindu comes from what which means what?
- "Sindu" which means River
- "Ummmmmmmm" (meditaing)
- You are saying yes to the universe
- Who wrote the Rig Veda?
- A group of Aryans
- What was a big deal for the Indians becasue they didn't write?
You must Login or Register to add cards