Glossary of Anatomy coloring book: pg 37-43
Other Decks By This User
- Name the three bones of the hip bone?
- ilium, ischium, pubis
- What is the acetabulum?
- the socket for the hip joint where all three bones are fused together
- The ischium and foramen form a bony ring with what in the center?
- obturator foramen
- What makes up the pelvis?
- The two hip bones and the sacrum.
- Describe what makes up the hip joint, and what type of joint it is?
- ball and socket, synovial joint of the acetabulum of hip bone and head of the femur
- What three ligaments reinforce the fibrous capsule of the hip joint?
- iliofemoral,ischiofemoral, pubofemoral
- What part of the femur do many muscles have origins and insertions?
- linea aspera
- What bone contributes to the knee joint?
- What are the palpable distal extremeties of the tibia a fibula named?
- tibia- medial malleolus
fibula- lateral malleolus
- The knee joint consists of what joints between what bones?
- two condylar synovial joints: between the femoral and tibial condyle
gliding synovial joint: between patella and femur
- What is the purpose of the menisci?
- enhance the depth of fit of the femoral condyles
- What resists unwanted sideward movements of the knee?
- collateral ligaments
- What do the anterior/posterior cruciate ligaments do?
- resist forward/backward displacement of the tibia/femur
- Name the seven tarsals.
- talus, calcaneus, navicular, cuboid, cuneiforms (3)
- What type of joint is the ankle joint? Made up of what bones?
- hinge-type synovial joint: tibia fibula and talus
- Longitudinal arches serve what purposes.
- absorbing shock loads and balancing the body
You must Login or Register to add cards