Glossary of Anatomy Clinical Vignettes
Other Decks By This User
- baby vomits milk when fed and has gastric air bubble
what kind of fistula?
- blind esophagus w/ lower segment of esophagus attached to trachea
- decreased plantar flextion and decreased sensation over back of thigh, calf, and later 1/2 of foot
what spinal nerve is involved?
- tibial (L4-S3)
- decreased pain and temp sensation over lateral apects of both arms
what is the lesion?
- penlight in right eye -> bilateral constriction - penlight in left eye -> paradoxical bilateral dilation
what is the defect?
- atrophy of left optic nerve
- decreased prick sensation on later aspect of leg and foot
what other defect is expected and what nerve is it?
- dorsiflexion and eversion of foot (common peroneal nerve)
- old person w/ arthritis and tingling over later digits of right hand
- carpal tunnel syndrome, median nerve compression
- cannot turn head to left and has right shoulder droop
what structure is damaged?
- right CN XI (gets trapezius and SCM) - runs through jugular foramen w/ 9 and 10
- one, wild flailing arm
where is the lestion?
- contralateral subthalamic nucleus (hemiballismus)
- woman in 3rd trimester has normal BP when sitting and standing - when supine, it drops to 90/50
- compression of the IVC
- kicked in leg - suffers damage to medial meniscus
what else is probably damaged?
- ACL (the unhappy triad)
- shoulder dislocated anteriorly
what nerve is probably damaged?
- axillary nerve (C5,C6)
- patient w/ cortical lesion does not know he has a disease
wher is the lestion
- right parietal lobe
- child has cleft lip
what embryology has failed?
- fusion of maxillary and medial nasal proceses
- pt cannot protrude tounge to left nad has a right sided spastic paralysis
where is the lestion?
- left medulla, CN 7
- someone falls on elbow and cant feel medial part of palm
what nerve and what injury
- ulnar nerve due to broken medial condyle
- male w/ testicular cancer
metastatic spread by what route?
- para-aortic lymph nodes (recall development of testes during development
- w-ray shows midshaft break of humerus
what nerve and artery are likely to be damaged?
- radial nerve and deep brachial artery (they run togehter)
- patient cannot blink right eye or seal his lips and has mild ptois on the right side
what diagnosis and what nerve is affected?
- Bell's palsy - CN 7
- pain, numbness and tingling and tingling sensation - has wasting of thenar eminance
diagnosis and nerve?
- carpal tunnel syndrome - median nerve
You must Login or Register to add cards