Glossary of Anatomy Chapter 7E: Pectoral Girdle
Other Decks By This User
- Bones of the Pectoral Girdle
- Clavicle, scapula
Contains the acromial and sternal ends, and the conoid tubercle.
- Acromio-clavicular Joint
- Articulation point of the clavicle with the acromion of the scapula.
- Acromial End
- Lateral end of the clavicle (where the bone is is concave).
- Sternal End
- Medial end of the clavicle, which articulates with the clavicular notch of the sternum. (End which is convex)
- Shoulder blade.
Contains The acromion, coracoid process, glenoid cavity, lateral border, inferior angle, medial border, subscapular fossa, superior angle, superior border, suprascapular notch, supraspinous fossa, infraglenoid tubercle, spine, infraspinous fossa, medial border, and lateral angle
- Conoid Tubercle
- Bump on the clavicle's posterior side, on the posterior side of the concave curvature.
- The actual "corner" of the shoulder, with which the clavicle articulates.
Fanlike, bony projection of the lateral side of the scapula which connects to the scapular spine.
- Suprascapular Notch
- Indentation on the superior aspect of the scapular, between the coracoid process and the superior angle.
- Superior Border
- The superior surface of the scapula.
- Coracoid Process
- Projection on the scapula which is anterior to the acromion. Connects at the anterior wall of the glenoid cavity.
- Superior Angle
- Medial angle on the superior surface of the scapula. Forms the medial "lobe" of the scapular "heart."
- Glenoid Cavity
- Cavity in the lateral aspect of the scapula to which the humerus articulates.
- Subscapular Fossa
- Indentation of the anterior aspect of the scapula, on the main body.
- Medial Border
- Medial edge of the scapula.
- Inferior Angle
- V-shaped inferior portion of the scapula. The "tip" of the scapular "heart."
- Lateral Border
- The lateral edge of the scapula, inferior to the glenoid cavity.
- Supraspinous Fossa
- Large gap between the acromion and the coracoid process, easily seen from the lateral aspect of the scapula.
- Infraglenoid Tubercle
- Small bump of bone inferior to the glenoid cavity on the lateral aspect of the scapula.
- Infraspinous Fossa
- Indentation on the main body of the scapula on its posterior aspect.
- Lateral Angle
- Angular stretch of bone below the acromion, bordering the glenoid cavity laterally.
- Scapular Spine
- Flaring ridge of bone on the posterior surface of the scapula which broadens into the acromion.
You must Login or Register to add cards