Glossary of Anatomy Back
Other Decks By This User
1) Which vertebra is this?
2) what is the name of the region just lateral to the number 7?
3) Identify number 1
4) Identify number 8
1) C1 - axis
2) groove for the vertebral artery
#1 anterior tubercle
#8: posterior tubercle
#5 foramen transversus
#2 anterior arch
#3 facet for dens
#9 vertebral foramen
1) identify number 1 and 2
2) What are the attachments of number one and two?
#1 rhomboid minor:
Attachments: lower ligmentum nuchae, spines of C7 and T1, to the root of teh spine of the scapula
Innervation: dorsal scapular nerve (C4-C5)
#2 rhomboid minor
Attachments: spinous processes of T2-T5, supraspinous ligament to medial border of the scapula between the root and inferior angle.
Innervation: dorsal scapular nerve (C4, C5)
1. Name the muscle.
1. levator scapula
2. elevate and downwardly rotate scapula
3. transverse processes of C1-C4; to superior part of medial border of scapula
4. dorsal scapular nerve (C5) and Anterior primary rami of C3 and C4
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark: C1
- Mastoid process
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark:C3
- hyoid bone
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark: T3
- root of the spine of the scapula
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark: T7
- inferior angle of the scapula
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark: T12
- tips of the 12th ribs
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark: L4
- high point of the iliac crest
- Match the vertebral transverse process with the landmark: S2
- posterior superior iliac spine
- What is the origin of the dens?
- the body of the C1
- Which vertebra has a bifid spinous process?
- What are the medial attachments of the trapezius muscle?
- superior nuchal line, external occipital protuberance, ligamentum nuchae and spinous processes C7-T12
- What are the lateral attachments of the trapezius? (Superior, middle, inferior portions)
- Superior: lateral third of the clavicle… middle: acomion and spine of the scapula… inferior: aponeurosis at medial end of spine of scapula
- What is the innervation of the Trapezius?
- accessory nerve (CN XI), C3, C4
- What are the medial attachments of the Latissimus dorsi muscle?
- thoracolumbar fascia and the spinous processes of the lower 6 thoracic vertebra
- What are the lateral attachments of the Latissimus dorsi muscle?
- tendons inserting into the proximal end of the humerus
- What are the borders of the triangle of ausculation?
- Trap-lat-medial border of the scapula (with rhomboid major)
- What are the borders of the lumbar triangle?
- lat, external abdominal oblique muscles, iliac crest
- Name the intermediate muscles of the back
- Serratus posterior superior, serratus posterior inferior,
- Name the superficial muscles of the back
- Traps, Lats, Rhomboids, levator scapulae
- Name the deep muscles of the back
- Spenius capitis/splenius cervicis (superficial layer) , erector spinae (intermediate layer), Transversospinales (semispinalis: capitis, cervics and thoracis… mutifidus… rotatores)
- What is the innervation of the serratus posterior superior and inferior muscles? Action?
- Superior: intercostal nerves T1-T4 (elevates ribs-respiration) Inferior: intercostal nerves T9-T12 (depresses ribs-respiration)
You must Login or Register to add cards