Glossary of Anatomy 2nd Semester Final
Other Decks By This User
- Antibody that aids in defense
- Gamma Globulin
- Clotting Protein
- Transport protein that carries hormones and lipids
- Alpha and Beta Globulin
- Exerts osmotic pressure to maintain water balance of the blood
- Protein that transports gases like oxygen
- Cells that transport carbon dioxide and oxygen
- General name for all white blood cells
- The most numerous white blood cell which phagocytizes bateria
- A cell that kills paracistic worms and destroys antigen-antibody complexes
- Least numerous WBC that releastes heparin and histamine
- Larges WBC; Phagocytizes large foreign organisms, and dead cells. Develops into a macrophage.
- Cell fragment that seals small tears in blood vessles and helps to clot blood
- THe WBC that aids in immune response by direct response or releasing antibodies
- Stationary blood clot in an unbroken blood vessel
- A blood clot that breaks away and floats through the blood
- Tendency to bleed easily to due a clotting mechanism breakdown
- Brittle and abnormally shaped RBC's that carry little O2 and get jammed in small vessels
- Sickle cell anemia
- Excessive RBC increasing viscosity to sluggish blood
- Low RBC count de to deficienty of vitamin b12 (lack of intrinsic factor)
- Pernicious anemia
- low RBC count due to destroyed red marrow
- Aplastic anemia
- WBC cell production out of control
- Universal donor?
- Universal recipient?
- What can A- recieve?
- A-, O-
- What can B+ donate to?
- B+, AB+
- Functions of blood
- Prevent infection
Prevent blood loss
Transport 02 from lungs to body cells
Transport CO2 from body cells to lungs
Maintain blood volume
You must Login or Register to add cards