Glossary of Anatomy: Abdomen
- What is the esophagus's arterial supply?
- Left Gastric a. (from celiac trunk) and left inferior phrenic a.
- What is the esophagus's venous drainage?
- Abdomen: left gastric v.(drain to the portal system)
Thoracic: esophageal v. (drains to systemic venous)
- What is the esophagus's Lymph drainage?
- Left gastric lymph nodes that drain to the celiac lymph nodes
- What is the nerve innervation of the esophagus?
- Vagal trunks, thoracic sympathetic trunk, greater splanchnic nerves, periarterial plexus
- What are the 3 main branches of the abdominal aorta?
- - Celiac Trunk
- Superior mesenteric a.
- Inferior mesenteric a.
- What is located in the peritoneal cavity?
- Fluid, leukocytes, antibodies, and no organs
- What is the stomach's main function?
- Enzymatic digestion
- What is the name of the semiliquid substance that exits the stomach?
- Name the four parts of the stomach.
- - Cardia: opening
- fundus: dilater superior portion (5th intercostal space)
- body: major part of the stomach
- pyloric part: funnel shaped part
- Name the 2 curvatures of the stomach.
- Greater: long convex border
Lesser: shorter concave border that contains the Angular Incisure.
- What structures form the stomach bed?
- - left dome of the diaphragm
- left kidney and suprarenal gland
- splenic artery
- transverse mesocolon
- What arteries anastomose around the lesser curvature?
- rt. and l. gastric aa.
- What arteries anasomose around the greater curvature?
- rt. and l. gastro-omental aa.
- What is the blood supply for the fundus and under side of the stomach?
- short and posterior gastric aa.
- Stomach venous drainage
- l. and rt. gastric veins > portal vein
short and l. gastro-omental vein > splenic vein > superior mesenteric vein(SMV) > portal vein
rt. gastro-omental vein (usually) > SMV
- Gastric Lymphatic Vessels
- gastic and gastro-omental lymph nodes> pancreaticosplenic, pyloric, and pancreaticoduodenal lymph nodes> celiac lymph nodes
- What does the stomach's para-sympathetic nerve supply come from?
- ant. vagal trunk (mainly from the left vagus nerve) and posterior vagal trunk (mainly rt. vagus)
- What does the stomach's sympathetic nerve supply come from?
- T6-T9 segments of the spinal cord which passes to the Celiac Plexus.
- What is the largest internal organ and gland in the body?
- what substance in the only one absorbed by the alimentary canal the liver doesn't receive first?
- The falciform ligament seperates what spaces?
- rt. and l. subphrenic spaces
You must Login or Register to add cards