Glossary of Analgesic, Antipyreticm Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
Other Decks By This User
- This drug is the prototype, most common used salicylate, effective for mild to moderate pain, skin, muscles, joints, inflammation,mild forms of arthritis, onset is 15-30 min, peaks @ 1-2 hrs, duration is 4-6 hrsm and half life is 15-20 min, food slows ab
- These drugs are used to treat and prevent mild to moderate pain associated w. musculoskeletal disorders, headache, minor trauma and other acute disorders?
- Aspirin, NSAIDS and acetaminophen
- Aspirin is contraindicated in?
- In children and adolscents it is not used in the presence of viral infections (flu,chicken pox) because it is associated w/ Reye's syndrome
- A COX-2 inhibitor is?
- Celebrex is contraindicated in pts w/?
- PU (peptic ULcers)
- Propionic acid derivatives include?
- fenoprofen, flurbiprofen (ansaid), iboprofen, (motrin, advil), ketoprofen (oruvail), naproxen (Naprosyn)and oxaprozin (Daypro)
- Nsaid that has anti-inflamm actio that starts in about 30 min, & last 4-6 hrs
- Ibuprofen(motrin, adcil..etc)
- Acetic acid derivatives that have stron anti-infamm effects and more severe adverse effects than propionic acid derivatives?
- indomethacin(Indocin), sulindac(Clinoril), tolmetin(Tolectin)
- These adverse effects are associated with? GI ulceration, Bone marrow depression, Hemolytic anemia, mental confusion, psychosis?
- acetic acid derivatives
- This drug given by IV is approved for rx of patent ductus arteriosus in preemies?
- This drug causes less GI irritation? Used for OA,RA, and pain?
- This drig is used only for pain, and although it can be given orally, its unique characteristic is that it can be given by injection, but use is limited to 5days due to increased risk for bleeding?
- This drug is used for moderate pain and dysmenorrhea?
- mefenamic acid (Ponstel) belongs to a family of NSAIDS called fenamates
- These drugs are containdicated in the presence of PU disease, GI or other bleeding disorders, history of hypersensitivity reactions, and impaired renal function
- aspirin and nonselective NSAIDs
- This drug is contraindicated in clients @ risk for excessive bleeding......shouldn't be used in Labor and delivery, b-4 or after maijor surgery or to clients who are currently taking aspirin or other NSAIDs?
- A COX-2 inhibitor that is contraindicated for clients with a history of PU, GI bleeding, allergy to other NSAIDS or severe renal impairment and are allergic to sulfonamides?
- These drugs block prostaglandin production, produce less GI irration than ASA or NSAIDs, don't have antiplatelet effects?
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- Drugs used for Gout?
- indomethacin(Indocin), naproxen sodium (Aleve, Anaprox, Napreian) sulindac (Chinoril) allopurinol(Zyloprim) Colchicine, probenecid (Benemid), sulfinpyrazone (Anturane)
- This drug is also knowna s APAP, nonpresp, ASA substitute that soesn't cause GI bleeding, interfere w/ blood coagulation, onset is 30-120 min and lasts 3-4 hrs?
- What is an anti-inflam drug used to prevent acute attacks of gout and is the drug of choice for acute attacks,& relieves joint pain and edema ?
- This drug increases urinary excretion of uric acid and isn't effective in acute attacks of gouty arthritis, it's ised for therapeutic prevention of hyperurecemia & gout, but prevents hyperuricemia and tophi, is used w/ penicillin, most often in rx of
- probenecid (Benemid)
- These drugsare used in rx of mod. to severe migraines, they act on serotonin receptors to increase serotonin in the brain, relieve migraine by constriciting blood vessels?
- SS 5 -HT (Triptans)
- Because of the SS 5-HT vasonconstricctive properties, they are contraindicated in?
- Clients w/ a history of angina pectoris, MI or uncontrolled hypertension
- Adverse effects of SS 5-HT?
- parathesias, n/v, dizziness, drowsiness
- These drugs are ergot preparations used only in rx of migraines and are most effective when given SC or ijhalation at onset of migraine and they are contraindicated in pregnancy, HTN, PVD CAD renal'hepatic impairment, severe infections?
- ergotamine tartarte (Ergomar), DHE-45, Ergomar and caffeine (Cafergot)
- Rx for overdose of acetominophen?
- Mucomyst (acetylcysteine)
- Mucomyst is most effective when given ?
- 8-10 hrs of acttaminophen ingestion
You must Login or Register to add cards