Glossary of American Lit: Quiz 2 Questions
Other Decks By This User
- Name a famous novel about adultery written by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Scarlett Letter
- Atlanta Blues is seet in:
- Who was America's greatest poet?
- "The Moth of Amherst" was:
- Emily Dickinson's nickname
- The primary cultural value of the Colonial Period was:
- The POV of The Garden Angel is:
- neither 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person. It is a couple of them.
- The author of THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE is:
- Stephen Crane
- The principal spokesperson of Transcendentalism was:
- Who wrote "Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for me?"
- In the Age of Realism, which was NOT a primary social value: a) salvation b) doing one's own thing c) wealthy accumulation d) physical beauty e) sexual freedom
- a) salvation
- The POV of Atlanta Blues is:
- 1st person
- What is the Turning Point in a story called?
- A famous poet of the Beat Generation was:
- Which of these is NOT an element of fiction: a) action b)exposition c) fetishism d) characterization e) action f) description g) narration
- c) fetishism
- Finish this sentence correctly: The measure of a story's quality is whether the author did what he/she set out to do and...
- Was it worth it?
- In Modern terms, what does "Transcendentalism" mean?
- a search for reality through spiritual intuition
- What was Fortunato's weakness?
- Who wrote THE HOUSE OF SEVEN GABLES?
- The most famous American poet of the Romantic Era was:
- Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
- Thomas Jefferson
- Another word for the denoument of a story is the:
- The most revealing aspect of characterization is:
- The POV of LESS THAN ZERO is:
- 1st person
You must Login or Register to add cards