Glossary of Alya's chemistry
Other Decks By This User
- Define a molecular formula.
- A molecular fromula is a formula taht gives actual numbers of atoms in a molecule.
- Define an imperical formula
- A formula that gives the smallest whole number ratio of atoms in a compound.
- Which group (1 or 2) is more thermally stable?
- Group 1 because the metal iron has one positive charge rather than a double charge.
- What is the test of test 4 : S2?
- It is a colourless acidic gas that turns damp universal indicator paper red.
- What are the steps of mass spectroscopy?
- (1) vapouraization
- An imperical formula is one that gives the smallest whole number ration of ... in a ...
- What is the method of measuring temperature change to find the enthalpy of a reaction?
- Using a bomb calorimeter.
- Define the standard enthalpy change of formation?
- The enthalpy change that takes place when one mole of compound is formed from its elements under standard conditions.
- What are the standrd conditions of an accurate reaction connected with an enthalpy chane?
- 298 calvin and 1 atmosphere.
- What is Hess's Law?
- Hess's Law states : 'The Enthalpy change of a reaction is independent of the route it takes.
You must Login or Register to add cards